CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mooch, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Was there ever any doubt? If these two had gotten off their damn high horses from the beginning and made ENT the show it is now {now that they're not as involved as they were at the beginning), maybe the fanbase wouldn't have dismissed it as "Voyager Redux" and the ratings would have been better.

Roddenberry was the Great Bird of the Galaxy. Berman is the Great Vulture.

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

UPN are losers. What's worse is that they'll replace Enterprise with some reality TV crap. TV is just going down the crap hole with these reality shows.

If any of the cast or producers of Enterprise are reading this I'd like to say thanks for four entertaining years of Enterprise. I hope you all have the best luck with your careers in future.

3. MRG

MRG Lieutenant Red Shirt

Not to be mean spirited, but I sincerely hope UPN goes out of buisness. I'll have nothing to watch on that network anymore. I at least still have 24 and Law and Order to look forward to week after week, plus the remaining eps of ENT.

4. blakbyrd

blakbyrd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*Raises Glass* To "Enterprise"! :)

5. EMH Mark I

EMH Mark I Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

by the way, rumour has it, Enterprise is cancelled due to Stewey, who's an anti-enterprise big wig, sucking the cock of the UPN directors to get a cancelation.

I think he should be ashamed, if this rumour that was just pmed to me, is true.

6. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

UPN are a bunch of ***** idiots.

And so is anyone who gloats about this decision.

(Flaming/trolling warning anticipated and accepted without argument).

Alex

Edited by 23skidoo to remove profanity - apologies

7. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

8. Garibaldi O'brien

Garibaldi O'brien Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bummer. Tis a sad day for Trek.
    :(

9. GrimFandango

GrimFandango Commodore Commodore

I am a HUGE fan of Firefly so I know exactly how it feels to have a favorite show cancelled. To those who have loved and lost, you have my condolences.

Personally, I've never liked the show, but my sentiments go out to those who are no doubt very sad today.

Cheers.

10. AndrewSA

AndrewSA Lieutenant Red Shirt

Can't you chaps in the USA plan a 1,000,000 person march on Paramount's head quarters in LA or something?
    I got the news just after witnessing our team draw a cricket match we should have won as well.
    What a crappy evening!

It's 1969 all over again ...
    The show will be cancelled and they'll realise there were a lot more viewers than they thought.

11. Kalen Archer

Kalen Archer Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you GrimFandango.

12. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

You and other nonfans who at least "feel our pain" are a class act--thank you.

13. frankncc72405a

frankncc72405a Captain Captain

This is truly the saddest news I have heard since I started watching trek in 1974.

As for Star Trek (the entire franchise) - It's "not really dead as long as we remember" it.

The show was just getting up to the very good ranks too with Coto... :( :( :( :(

14. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Commodore Commodore

*Raises Glass* It isn't really dead, as long as we remember it! :)

Charlie

15. denodaeus

denodaeus Commodore Commodore

Wait -- was Angel also on UPN? And wait, Roswell too? Man, I totally LOATHE this channel now.

16. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is very disappointing, but not unexpected.

Enterprise has been one of only two or three shows for the past couple of years where I have made a point of seeing every episode. It has been much maligned, but when compard to the reality TV, soap operas and formulaic cop shows, that seem to proliferate on TV these days, it was consistantly quality entertainment.

Although the writing has sometimes been lacking, the very talented cast and crew have always given their all. I hope they go on to find other work quickly and achieve success in whatever they choose to do.

17. Tide

Tide Commander Red Shirt

What a sad, sad, day. :(

What frustrates me the most about the cancellation is all of the missed opportunities!

I bet the next series is syndicated. Networks are just too unpredictable. Either that or it will be a reality series: Star Trek: Hawaiian Islands. :rolleyes:

If UPN is looking to fit the female demographic, I think it's working. I won't be touching UPN at all. Enterprise was all I watched on the network. :mad:

Man. So many mixed emotions. Good thing I have my DVDs.

18. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

Although I am absolutely gutted that Enterprise has been cancelled just as it was getting more and more like good Star Trek and the storylines were actually exciting me again, I have to agree with Charlie Kelly that at least it's going out with a bang instead of a whimper.

Season 2 was appauling and Season 3 was what sealed the shows fate IMO.

Season 4 has been a helluva lot better but now it looks like that will be all.

Hey Parmount!! UPN!!! I will buy Season 4 on DVD but no other Enterprise series. You gave Enterprise a lot of support and another chance but you killed it just as modern Trek had turned a corner. They were just about to go to warpspeed once more and you pulled the plug.

On the plus side, Manny Coto can probably get any job he wants now. I hope his popularity with the fans is remembered when he applies for a new job and not the stigma of being attached to a cancelled Star Trek show.

Oh Shatner!!!! Why did you forsake us??? Even non-trek fans would have tuned in to give UPN their precious ratings. :(

19. Kevin Thomas Riley

Kevin Thomas Riley Admiral Admiral

In Engineering singing "Kathleen" with T'Pol
    Voyager got seven seasons, now ENT only got four :wtf:! 'Tis not fair!

20. futile33

futile33 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Sad news, no first run television for me next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.