Building the Eaglemoss Enterprise-D partwork

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Leathco, May 9, 2021.

1. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

The licensing is probably the easiest part, they also have to set up (or contract out) the sales and distribution channels for numerous countries, which is arguably more the area that caused Eaglemoss' failure.

2. The Knappos

The Knappos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So.., are they completing existing subs only or will it be open to new business?

3. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Presumably open to new business, but instead of setting up everything from scratch, it probably makes the most sense to partner with one of the other partswork companies, as they'd already have a licensing team and the distribution channels.

The Knappos and Richard S. Ta like this.
  4. brayman1701

brayman1701 Lieutenant Red Shirt

They have said their priority is making sure people can complete their builds

The Knappos and Richard S. Ta like this.
  5. The Knappos

The Knappos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for the responses. I don’t know why I asked really. I couldn’t afford it before and that’s before the energy price cap crisis, so it’s not as if I’d be able to afford it now

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  6. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Look what the Caretaker got me to cheer me up:
    9DDA639B-8756-489C-B3AF-087FCD97E297.jpeg
    DF768724-2139-4F58-81CE-C93CFE1554D5.jpeg
    It’s not quite the same, but… it’s ‘complete’. :shrug:

7. Eckauskas

Eckauskas Commander Red Shirt

That’s a cracking present tbf. Big up to the caretaker.

8. Timofnine

Yeah he had been helping me out along the way as he is quite resourceful and any problem that I came up with he helped me to find a solution. For example tightening loose screws or providing insulation tape for light leaks. He had all the ‘extra’ hardware that I needed being quite the handy man. :bolian:

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I've never been the biggest fan in the world of the Enterprise-D, but this model definitely looks quit beautiful when it starts to come together. I hope you manage to finish it someday.

10. Eckauskas

Eckauskas Commander Red Shirt

Anyone heard anything new about this? I got an email from some company saying they had bought my data from Eaglemoss and how they were planning to use it, but nothing about taking up the subscription.

11. Mogh

Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eckauskas and 137th Gebirg like this.
  12. Timofnine

Well, it looks like we will be able to finish our Enterprise’s:
    96365EBF-9FCF-4279-9A87-29607F19988D.jpeg
    C8EEF952-323B-4D9F-8531-5BF12FE96205.jpeg
    The Prodigy writers (indirectly) gave me a solution to my Seven of Nine dilemma too in regards to the Borg assimilating non corporeal entities, a real deus ex machina, so all is good on that front too for Captain Hansen and her crew. :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Gepard and Tomalak like this.
  13. brayman1701

14. Timofnine

I will post the links but they are password protected. IXO Collections are going to contact people with a username and password tomorrow (I think) so that they can log on to an account at each link.
    8929D99E-7932-4495-8A91-5DD4DA692E9B.jpeg

15. brayman1701

Cheers, I've had nothing from them yet and I'm worried I've been lost in the system.

16. Timofnine

Did you fill in the Google form a few months ago? Perhaps you should try to email them? Are you in America? This is an email for European subscribers.

contact@ixo-collections.fr

17. brayman1701

18. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

That's good news. Looking forward to following the resumption of the builds in this thread.

19. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like it's just completing existing subscribers rather than offering it to new customers so far, right?

20. Timofnine

I believe that this is true, they are not manufacturing new parts, just distributing their claimed ‘loot boxes’ of existing stock. But I get the impression that IXO Collectibles want to keep their existing Star Trek fanbase happy… I heard mumbles about another future Star Trek build up part work from Eaglemoss though it was never manufactured, so it is possible that this project was also bought up by IXO, who I am assuming will wish to continue offering officially licensed Star Trek part work products in the future with a positive reputation. If I get to finish my Enterprise D then I will definitely be getting the next Star Trek release. I’m hoping for a die cast fully lit Deep Space Nine, but it could literally be anything. It will probably be JJ Trek Enterprise, though… but I can live with that. :shrug:

Tomalak likes this.