Building my own star ship

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Johnny, May 17, 2020.

1. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf: this level of detail is madness! Really awesome as well, boah, great work. :mallory::techman:

Johnny likes this.
  2. Johnny

Johnny Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

I'm just using bevels and solid colours tbh. There's no advanced texturing or materials going on.

Straight corridor sections are 24,580 tris, 3-way junction is 14,882, 4-way junction is 5,088. But there's only one model of each of them. Every other use of those models are instances so I don't think they count towards the total.

Same with the Jefferies tubes. An actual tube is 31,524, but there's just one. Bio beds are only 2,500, The two L-shape quarters are about 10,439 each but then repeated. The most detailed small object is probably the office chair, there's 4,048 in that.

JES, blssdwlf and saddestmoon like this.
  3. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Commodore Commodore

That's a great use of your memory with instances. Thanks for sharing those stats :techman:

4. Johnny

Hellooooooo again. Another month gone. Built an actual garden wall. Fiddled with trek-nessing Endless Sky. It was fun. Needed the distraction and a fresh perspective.

So, re-built the doors because they were just solid red. And it was a tough call between voy-style and ent-e-style. But it came down to I just don't like the gold on the ent-e doors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also been doing the windows for deck 4 to 6, which are all quarters. It was becoming too uniform and looked like there were too many windows, so I build two surface panels for each deck, one blank and one with a window, and instance them around the centre point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aaaaannnnnnd! OMG, I'm playing with Depth Of Field!

[​IMG]

This one makes me really happy...

[​IMG]

JES, blssdwlf, Henoch and 6 others like this.
  5. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Astounding!

Johnny likes this.
  6. Santaman

What Atolm said! :mallory::techman:

Johnny likes this.
  7. Johnny

Wasn't too pleased with how the transporter room was laid out first time, so I rebuilt it focussing on the symmetry, and especially the structure of the ceiling (I'm a big fan of those TNG/VOY deep lighting hole-things, and I've put some plasma tubey things in the floor. Not sold on them yet, but we'll see how it goes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did try it in green, which I do like but I just don't quite think it fits.

[​IMG]

JES, saddestmoon, StarCruiser and 2 others like this.
  8. Johnny

I always wondered what was off to the side of a transporter room. A room full of computer banks? The loo? So...I've done both.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think I need a computer terminal on the end of those racks, and a desk in there somewhere.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *the man was borrowed from here.

And it's going to cover three decks, so they'll be lab/engineering rooms to work on the equipment above and below.

[​IMG]

JES, saddestmoon, Santaman and 3 others like this.
  9. Johnny

A few shots of the supporting structure around the transporter platform. I want to show the technology behind it so I'll be adding top, bottom and side "tech", as well as the ability to access it via walkways and ladders etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

publiusr, Henoch, tax1234 and 3 others like this.
  10. Santaman

Again.. this level of detail is madness! :wtf: and also again.. that is awesome!:D

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I always assumed that beside the transporter rooms were equipment stores for tricorders, EVA suits, phasers, etc, all the stuff that an away team might need.

This is truly astounding work.