Bring back Star Trek: Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Raj, Jul 18, 2020.

?

Do you want Star Trek: Enterprise back?

1. Yes (Please sign the petition)

45 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No (If you want, please explain why)

35 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. Maybe (If you want, please explain why)

9 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Other (If you want, please explain why)

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Greener pastures, working on something great.
    Maybe he transferred to another ship after "Terra Prime?"

----------------------------------------------

Its possible to bring back most of the cast in some form in a new show that a spinoff of ENT. Even Trip can come back in a new capacity (new head of Section 31 and using a different name, maybe).

For T’Pol, I suppose they could claim that she had a falling out of sorts with Archer due to Trip’s death to explain why she has not come back.

If CBS were to do a West Wing style show about Archer as Federation councilman and Federation president, there would be no shortage of topics to discuss:

- Piracy is still a big issue. And that likely mean that the Earth cargo ships are taking matters into their own hands.

- Fallout from the Romulan War is an obvious one. Veterans of the war, PTSD, war memorials, educating students about the war, classified files. And how does the Federation handle war reparations if they have no contact with the Romulans post-Battle of Charon.

- Radio silence from the Klingons

- Wading through the different cultures of the founding Federation worlds, as well as the influx of new members

- The Prime Directive is in its infancy

- The Suliban-Tandaran conflict is still ongoing

- Dr. Arik Soong’s various inventions. What else did he invent?

- Modifications to human DNA (The Augments, and Sim)

- The merger of Starfleet and the MACOs, and the general effect it has on them both

- Starfleet Intelligence, especially in light of Archer’s knowledge of Section 31

- The various wings of United Earth government (trade, diplomacy, exploration, military, etc) and their jurisdictions within the Federation

- Natural disasters

- The New World Economy, as mentioned in VOY

2. Raj

Raj Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Exactly, so many stories to tell and character development.

I have also created another petition if people do not like the other one, https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/343/880/449/ .

3. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No.

4. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

Unless we get a show that's set in the 22nd century, I honestly don't expect to ever see anyone from ENT make an appearance again.

5. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Greener pastures, working on something great.
    I prefer it to bringing back ENT, tbh. Kurtzman-Trek is all about doing something new, as seen with DSC, PIC, ST, & LD. And a West Wing style show about the early days of the Federation, from the perspective of someone who never had a Prime Directive to work with during Starfleet’s first deep space mission, would certainly be new.
    I see it as a way to bring in a certain storyline from the ENT books, considering the person that played Harris is older now. It would probably be a great way to put the whole S31 stuff to bed.

6. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why are people asking for this to come back? The people wanting Enterprise back are just going to hate it anyway if it did because of stupid shit like holographic controls and people dressing too contemporary, or it won't 'feel' like trek and all the other things Discovery and Picard are criticised for. It won't be anything like it was when the show finished in 2005 and you'll be so disappointed you will start a petition to have it cancelled or worse, start a youtube channel dedicated to the haters.

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

To be honest, there’s really only one guy who’s being over-the-top vocal about that, and I’m pretty sure he’s just doing it for attention.

But you’re right. People who want ENT back have no real clue about just what that will entail. A new show will look and feel nothing like ENT, just like DSC looks and feels nothing like TOS, or how PIC looks and feels nothing like TNG. People just can’t accept that the show they love will never exist in the same form it was before.

8. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

This statement seems a little...presumptuous? I'm assuming we all understand that for this show, any show, to come back 15 years after going off the air, mountains would have to be moved, and it would still need a miracle.

But... TOS went off the air in 1969. ST: TMP actually came together years later, after many fits and starts. The whole dang cast. I was there. I remember it being, well, a miracle. So was the first space shuttle being named Enterprise, and "Admiral Archer's dog" in Abrams Trek. Whatta kick! You hope, you know it's probably not possible, but every now and then, a miracle. One in a million.

Truly? Have you talked to so many people who refuse to face reality to this extent? Who think 15 years out, the show could take up precisely where it left off? (Well, I hope we would disavow TATV, but that's just me.) Do you assume that's what these people insist must happen, for time to somehow reverse itself?

Could it be that there are ENT fans who miss the show and lament what might have been (that would be me too) and they understand they are welcome to come here and express their love for the show and wish it could continue in some form? I've seen wishes for more seasons, for a reunion show, for a teeny little Short Trek. Maybe it's about closure. The idea that a show that was basically starved of publicity and murdered prematurely could use even a few more minutes of life, to reassure us that it lives on in some way... I'd watch it. It would be pretty cool.

sekundant likes this.
  9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

What I mean is that the show will look and feel nothing like what it was during its 2001-2005 season. I thought I was being clear about that. Every time people bring up wanting ENT back, or wanting DS9 back, or wanting VOY back, it’s the same story. People want the shows back the way they were, like they would just automatically resume from the point that they stopped all those years ago, never mind that the actors have aged or moved on to other things, or that the writers and producers would not be the same and would want to put their own spin on things (re: Michael Chabon). I’m not saying that’s a bad thing; I’m saying that the fantasy of getting their old shows back exactly the way they remember them is just that: a fantasy.

I’m not stopping people from posting their fantasies. I doubt the OP will be the last person to do so. I’m just being a realist, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  10. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since you asked for an explanation.

No. I just didn't like the bulk of the characters, and the actors have aged out of the roles since then.

Dukhat likes this.
  11. Raj

881 people have signed the petition. Come on Star Trek fans, lets see we can reach 900 signatures and then 1,000+. Star Trek: Picard has shown it is possible to bring back legacy actors and characters for more stories and more character development. Why not with Star Trek: Enterprise? #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise.

Here is an article on Trek Movie. It is an interview with Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather) about Star Trek: Enterprise, https://trekmovie.com/2020/07/31/in...pnJcV5X_cEF2FooUlYAkm2lyEZnog2b8JsQodMW6_ngOQ .

sekundant likes this.
  12. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

Trip can be both dead and resurrected at the same time as another sim that can last longer since the original Trip can be harvested.

Mayweather gets his own ship as captain and namesake it Horizon after his cargo ship he grew up on and have a model of his ship on Siskos desk as well as leaking that gangster book to the Iotians.

etc

Bry_Sinclair and Raj like this.
  13. Raj

The last episode could be undone by time travel or that they discover that the hologram program is not accurate. Either way, Trip is still alive.

Travis Mayweather definitely needs more character development. As well as any other character that has not had much development as the other characters.

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

^You’re welcome to do all that in your mind :beer:

15. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Discovery eventually did with Georgiou, what I imagined the fix with Trip probably would've been. Prime Universe character remains dead, but a Season 5 visit to the Mirror Universe results in a version fleeing the Terran Empire, to take his counterpart's place.

16. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Just like Mirror Georgiou, Mirror Trip was an asshole. Why would anyone want to see him?

Michael likes this.
  17. Raj

914 people have signed the petition. We only need 86 more signatures to reach 1,000. #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers.

18. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 Commander Red Shirt

No. The books are the sequels.

Jinn likes this.
  19. sekundant

sekundant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

@Raj I can understand you very well. It is highly disappointing how ENT handled by CBS/UPN and for me TATV is never existed.
    I would like to see a TV-film or three-part miniseries about Romulan War and for you cross my fingers. It could help also sharing the link under the social media accounts of ENT stars.

One thing that I want to say, don't give up your dreams, even if everyone against you.What would you loose? Nothing. ENT has not not a properly end and you your petition won't be successful, it won't be worst. If we only hear those realistic people (who want to sell their pessimism under realism and live from negative energy/trolling..) we would still live in stone age or burning the "witches". And this is not about a TV show.. :angel:

Cyfa and ChristopherPike like this.
  20. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

The spin of show they done about the 2 characters for the final episode was really good though