Borg vs. Arsenal Of Freedom

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by USS Excelsior, Apr 7, 2021 at 9:48 PM.

1. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

Since the Borg wouldn’t be interested in buying it they would be continuously adapting to and one upping each other.

Qonundrum likes this.
  2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

'Kay.

Maybe this should be in the TNG forum?

3. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think he means the Borg in general, not just the TNG Borg.

The Borg would probably be able to overwhelm the Freedom Arsenal. Assuming they don't have Picard's memories, in which case they might send a drone down to "buy" the weaponry.

4. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorta like the Pakleds? :devil:

There's a spinoff waiting to happen too, "Borg vs Pakleds". I can imagine the dialogue now:

"We are Borg, you will be assimilated, to have perfection, resistance is futile."
    "We need things that make us strong."

Okay, that might not last 26 episodes... much less 26 minutes... but both have pretty much the same mannerisms - stealing others' technology... it's amazing how the same theme from one one-off little story ends up becoming iconic and mammoth when the species encompassing those traits is altered so slightly- as the Borg proved to be regarding the concepts behind "Arsenal" and "Samaritan Snare".

5. 1001001

1001001 Pull Up a Groove and Get Fabulous! Moderator

The Borg would simply travel back in time and prevent the first weapon from being launched.

:shrug:

Dryson likes this.
  6. Farscape One

Farscape One Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They didn't develop their own stuff, only stole and combined with whatever they had on hand.

The Pakleds are safe from assimilation. They are the Alpha Quadrant's Kazon due to this.

(Though LOWER DECKS actually made them an actual, real threat... something I never thought possible.)

I always loved "The Arsenal of Freedom" for many reasons. Great episode.

Qonundrum and daedalus5 like this.
  7. Dryson

Dryson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not a spoiler, would the Borg try and go back in time or set up ambushes along the time line from 2900 to 3100 to keep the Burn from happening?

8. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Shawnster

Shawnster Commodore Commodore

The Borg would adapt to the first weapon by the 3rd shot. After assimilating the weapon, they would be invulnerable to further weapons.

Qonundrum likes this.
  10. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unless it's Starfleet-made and the plot demands each individual phaser can spew out six zaps of goodness before the Borg become bothered. :devil:

11. Oddish

Oddish Commodore Fleet Captain

It would depend, in the end, how intelligently each system (Borg collective or Echo Papa 607) was designed to adapt. The system that could out-innovate the other would win. My money's on the Borg.

12. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

They absorb that tech—look out. Data’s tricorder might have some spec’s. It is all destroyed now.