We used to have detailed chronological discussions on this board all the time about ten years ago. Many of those talks moved over to our private Timeliners group, which has kind of faded away pretty hard lately. I’d sure love to find a new generation of folks interested in that aspect of the books and comics.
Just as a random place to begin, I’ll say that today I was going over exact placements for all the stories in the 60th Anniversary Special. I love instances like “The Engineer’s Dilemma” where the author says otherwise irrelevant chronological details like The Lights of Zetar was seven months ago. Completely unnecessary to pinpoint to that detail, but a timeline obsessed person’s dream.
On the other side of the coin is something like “The Peaceful Klingon” which spans a random and unknown amount of time, while being narrated by Worf from some future unknown year. What do you even do with that?!
I’d also love any help deciphering when “The Search For Season Six” and “Where the Map Runs Out” take place, as I’ve not watched either of those shows.
Just as a random place to begin, I’ll say that today I was going over exact placements for all the stories in the 60th Anniversary Special. I love instances like “The Engineer’s Dilemma” where the author says otherwise irrelevant chronological details like The Lights of Zetar was seven months ago. Completely unnecessary to pinpoint to that detail, but a timeline obsessed person’s dream.
On the other side of the coin is something like “The Peaceful Klingon” which spans a random and unknown amount of time, while being narrated by Worf from some future unknown year. What do you even do with that?!
I’d also love any help deciphering when “The Search For Season Six” and “Where the Map Runs Out” take place, as I’ve not watched either of those shows.
