Babylon 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kail, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Farscape One

Farscape One Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's also possible Bester didn't know about Talia until after she was exposed.

A case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.

Wednesday Addams likes this.
  2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think such a scenario is plausible given Bester's character arc.

3. Roko's Basilisk

Roko's Basilisk Admiral Admiral

Talia's memories could be examined by Psi Corps in private when and as required. Perhaps they were more interested in just gaining intel on the various command staff and aliens and not primarily concerned about teeps trying to escape. I don't see why that would expose her as a spy if it was done out of sight. Lyta only uncovered her likely because her Vorlon augmentation allowed her to get straight past the blocks placed there by Psi Corps. Again just my head canon. I'm probably not remembering it correctly.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  4. Farscape One

Farscape One Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lyta uncovered Talia before she got leveled up by the Vorlons.

Kraig likes this.
  5. Kraig

Kraig Commander Red Shirt

Also Lyta was working with the revolutionary movement on Mars. It looks like the revolutionary movement also has Rangers participating in it. The agent killed passed the information to Derek, who was wearing a Ranger Pin. Eventually Lyta got the information from Ranger Derek.

[​IMG]

6. Roko's Basilisk

Hah, I suspected I had the order wrong. No matter, as a powerful-enough teep, it seems Lyta only had to know the trigger phrase in any case. I guess it was more dramatic for her to scan everyone else before Talia but I thought it a tad contrived - along with Talia being a sleeper agent all along. I doubt even Bester would dissect her and put her brain a jar.

Jedman67 likes this.
  7. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

I'm not sure I understand? She was 'leveled up' when she went to the Vorlon homeworld. So that was done before she outed Talia.

As for Bester, we saw clearly in 'The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father' that he's got plenty of people over him. He does seem to command the Black squadron but I doubt he'd be in charge of Black projects like the sleeper personality.

8. Sci

Sci Admiral Admiral

I don't agree. I interpreted Bester as being one of the highest-ranking people in the Corps and as not having that many people above him. His influence seemed pretty expansive throughout the rest of the show, and I definitely got the impression he controlled a lot of Psi Corps operations personally, both officially and unofficially through illegal control and influence.

Wednesday Addams likes this.
  9. Kaiju "the spy"

Kaiju "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Bester certainly didn't know (or approve) of telepaths being turned into pilots for Shadow vessels, so there were definitely Psi Corps operations that were on a need-to-know basis, and he didn't need to know.

Wednesday Addams and David cgc like this.
  10. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bester was high up but not all the way at the top. He got very upset when Clark's secret PsiCorp "advisors" were split off from the regular chain of command, and he made it his business to keep tabs on whatever operations were going on, whether officially, unofficially or straight up illegally.

Sci and Wednesday Addams like this.
  11. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

No, Lyta didn't make it to Vorlon space until after she visited the station in season two. It's pretty clear from her visit to Kosh at the end of the episode that she hadn't had any contact with a Vorlon since she'd been sent away. She went to the Vorlon homeworld between season two and three, when she came back to the station on a Vorlon ship in "Passing Through Gethsemane."

Farscape One and Roko's Basilisk like this.
  12. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

My apologies, I was misremembering. Thanks for the correction.

13. Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams Princess of the Dark Arts Premium Member

Evil Headhunter likes this.
  14. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

i just came across this. I love Sincliar's words here. I believe J. Michael Straczynski may have wrote them.

dupersuper and Wednesday Addams like this.
  15. Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams Princess of the Dark Arts Premium Member

Thank you. Yes. A beautiful moment.

16. Roko's Basilisk

I was just watching Foundation today and thinking how much Lee Pace reminds me of Michael O'Hare.