Avengers Infinity War (and beyond) anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

This is all kinds of awesome...

What, didn't Natasha appear in any 90's cartoons? If they didn't limit themselves to 90's cartoons, we could have Natasha and the "who the hell are you?" end tag.

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone from the Defenders series definitely not in Infinity War

Really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but just to those who say they'd love to see a cameo.

And any chance the events of IW will impact anything in the Netflix shows... like Thano's big space ship hovering over New York... "none whatsoever"

Haha. I've never understood why they even try and claim these take place in the same universe as the movies. You may as well just say... I don't know, Breaking Bad takes place in the MCU. There's no references or anything whatsoever but hey why not

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Sad thing is that stuff from the MCU does make its way into the Netflix shows, like the Chitauri attack and leftover Chitauri weapons being used by Justin Hammer to make the Judas Bullets.

My guess is that the writers of the Netflix shows just don't KNOW about the world shaking stuff until its too late to do anything.

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I think the “wall” between movie and television MCU just keeps getting thicker (with their respective “people in charge” ever less friendly towards each other), so even the modest hints at overlap earlier on will be all that will be acknowledged.

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

As long as the different parts are all good*, I really don't care if every tiny little MCU event doesn't get cross-referenced to death. In fact, I'd prefer they didn't. Just tell good stories.

*And they pretty much have been. With one or two exceptions.

Anwar and Grendelsbayne like this.
  6. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Still could be a big fake out so to surprise everyone with a montage of the TV MCU Heroes reacting to the events of Infinity War in the movie.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That's what I keep hoping for, but even I'm skeptical at this point.

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Yep. This is what I explained earlier: After the summer 2015 reorg, the film and televisions divisions literally have nothing to do with one another. The crossovers are done (this is why even the newer Netflix shows don't even mention the movies).

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Sadly there's the same amount of chance as Hellboy, Supergirl and the Tick appearing too

10. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

That's mainly because all the Netflix shows so far took place before Civil War in the timeline.

11. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't have any memory of her until Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That being said, I also don't remember Thor, Loki, or T'Challa and I'm obviously wrong on that.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

But in Luke Cage, one of the episodes show a police camera playback of the Cops having a tussle with Luke and the date on the camera feed is before Civil War.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I like to think of the Netflix TV shows (DD, LC, JJ, IF & Defenders) as a different universe where everything was the same up to the NY Incident/Event from Avengers (whatever they call it in the Netfix shows) then their universe branches off in a different way. Hopefully the whole multiverse thing is explored better by Mavel after Avengers 4, which is supposed to be the end of the MCU as we know it.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

There's also the dog that didn't bark that they talk about regulating people like Luke Cage without any mention of the Sakovia Accords.

16. Turtletrekker

Possible spoiler. Fans have spotted a few things from various sources and put two and two together. Of course, it's entirely possible that in this case two and two equals five, but it's an interesting enough theory, with just enough circumstantial evidence to support it, to make it worth mentioning....

Rescue to the rescue?

17. The Nth Doctor

While that would explain why Paltrow is part of the film and further why she was featured in one of those (Entertainment Weekly?) covers a few weeks back, that's some heavy stretching on fans' part.

What Paltrow is wearing could go either way, but the freeze frame of Iron Man with a "female frame" is laughable at best. For one, the angle is from below and behind, which would naturally produce different shapes from that perspective, but even with that caveat, it doesn't look all that more bulgy than it would when Tony is in it. Besides, even if Pepper is in the suit, the suit is so bulky, there's no practical reason for the suit to have breast shapes to accommodate her, other than the obvious sexual objectification of her.

18. Turtletrekker

19. The Nth Doctor

Turtletrekker likes this.
  20. Turtletrekker

We got a mini trailer for the first Avengers movie at the end of Captain America the First Avenger as well.