Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JarodRussell, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Beat the game.

I thought it was odd that the Connor story didn't climax with the end of the Revolutionary War, it felt a anti-climactic in that sense. Also, I thought the Juno solution was going to require them to launch satellites into orbit? They didn't show that happening just a magical green cloud.

I liked that Desmond had to choose which elder god to follow (too bad the player wasn't given the choice). It was a good ending to his story, and I look forward to having to defeat Juno the all powerful!

2. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

You have to liberate parts of the 2 cities to get more, right now i have 3...
    They don't dress as Assassins though, they keep their regular clothes on...
    Now you can use them to actually help you fight through a tough battle by using the bodyguard command.

3. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The satellites were the Abstergo solution, not Juno's.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Juno said that their prayer power didn't work on enough of the populace so they had to launch satellites into orbit to reach all of humanity at once, but that it failed. I thought that's what they needed to do for the shield to protect the entire planet. They didn't really explain the mechanism they used that finally worked...

BTW how do people feel about the juxtaposition of the extreme historical accuracy with the crazy story of pre-historical technologically advanced god-like humans? I like it! It's what made the story so incredibly interesting to me when we learned about it in AC2.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am taking my sweet time with this game. I unfortunately find myself having a similar opinion to Mr Light in that I really don't care all that much about the American Revolution setting, and honestly, I find Connor to be an incredibly dull protagonist. In the last series of games I was interested in the story, and I enjoyed seeing Ezio grow as a person. Now, I'm far more interested in seeing how Desmond's story wraps up in the present than I am in any of Connor's adventures in colonial America.

I still enjoy the gameplay, but the story just is not as engaging as the previous installments.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah Ezio was a cool character and I enjoyed his story. I didn't care very much about Altair either. The Desmond story meanwhile I was very interested in, I couldn't wait to find out how the end of the world story got resolved!

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I finished the game over a week ago and I just didn't enjoy it as much as AC2, AC:B or AC:R. Connor just isn't as interesting as Azio, the same goes for Boston and NY. The only thing that I loved about the game were the naval battles, those were awesome. :D

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I didn't have a whole lot of feeling about Altair one way or another, but at least his and Ezio's stories tied together. "Revelations" managed to wrap up both Altair and Ezio's stories; I would have liked it better if that game had also wrapped up Desmond's story. This tale of Connor just feels kind of tacked on.

9. Rincewiend

I actually like Connor's story...
    And the juxtaposition of Ezio's jovial and Connor's stoic characters is a bit refreshing...
    The Homestead missions add a lot to the game as well...

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I didn't even do Homestead missions what was that? I only did the primary story missions since I wasn't enjoying myself.

Oh I did do the naval missions after I beat the game. Those actually were enjoyable. A nice add-on to the game unlike that godawful tower defense mini-game from AC:R

11. Rincewiend

They expand your homestead, they are small missions where you get other people to move to your homestead and turn it into a small village, some of them even create upgrades for Connor, like bigger pouches but most of them create items you can sell with a trade route...
    The first one is the guy you save hanging from the cliff...
    They appear in every area, then after every main mission some of them have a next step in their story...

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Homestead_Missions

12. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Started playing this yesterday as it finally came out for PC... Yeah, the Colonial America setting is every bit as bland and underwhelming as I was expecting. I think I spent a good 20 minutes trying to master one of the board games on the ship before I told myself "Dude, this is an Assassin's Creed game. Stop this and go kill some shit." :lol: Still playing as Connor's dad, and is it just me, or does he vaguely remind anyone else of Roger Moore? Seeing Boston during different seasons sort of reminded me of Mafia II. And I was rather impressed how you leave trails through the snow out in the countryside. Probably the most realistic handling of snow I've seen in a game. Am I able to find any more almanac pages at this point or just the four Franklin told me about?

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Good game. Honestly, I think they rushed out a release because the Mayan prophecy is a major plot point and they wanted to release it before 12/21/12. It wasn't ready for release, I've logged about 4 hours and I've seen a character talking without moving his mouth in a main plot sequence and enemies standing on air. But if they released it after 12/21/12 the world ending story would just seem silly.

The Colonial America setting works, but it'd be nice if every alley in the city didn't look identical. The combat is fun but it'd be nice if they didn't just kinda copy the only thing about Arkham City I didn't like. So, yeah, it's a good game, but not one it's easy to be excited about playign.

14. Rincewiend

Finished it...
    Interesting ending...

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Still putzing away at this. I honestly can't play for more than 20-30 minutes without getting bored with the story. I just arrived in New York and am "mobile eavesdropping" on some money counterfeiter. I was "detected" three times and had to start over, so I turned the game off out of annoyance. Some of these missions just aren't any fun.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^ That's how I felt about the vast majority of the game, unfortunately.

17. Rincewiend

When you have to kill Lee was annoying...
    I ended up with full synch when i did it though, hmmm....
    But there will be 2 more Connor based games apparently, similair to Brotherhood and Revelations, one where he builds up the presence of the Assasins Order in North America and one where he is the Master of it...
    But i wonder how they will do that, with or without Desmond and all that...

18. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When did you do it? The patch Thanksgiving week made it significantly easier.

Let's put it this way: the modern day framework was the fun part of III. I would probably pass on a Conor solo game.

19. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh God, please, no more games set in 18th century America. When I was talking to Lafayette in Valley Forge and he was inviting me to come to France after the war I'm thinking YES! Take me with you! Get me out of this backwater shithole! I mean, revolutionary Paris really would seem like a logical next stop.

20. Rincewiend

This past Sunday...
    Personally i quite liked the 18th century America...
    18th century Europe could be fun too...
    Either way, i hope there will be a bit more focus on the Age Of Enlightenment that happend back then...