Ashes to Ashes BBC One Tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Just a heads up really. Ashes to Ashes, the follow up to Life On Mars, starts tonight at 9, on BBC One.
    Personally, I can't wait. I finished re-watching Life on Mars last night, ready for it. So who else is psyched for it?

2. Kimi3013

Kimi3013 Captain Captain

I've got no idea what it is, nor do I really care, but the adverts for it are on all the time and it's beginning to annoy me...

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Wrong thread for you and if you live in the UK and dunno what Life on Mars or the spinoff Ashes to Ashes are then my only question is...

Have you been living under a rock :eek:

I cannot wait for it but will have to record it and watch it when I get home cause I have 6 a side footy tonight from 8:30 till 10:30

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

All hail the Guv!

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Shut it you SLAG...

Gene Hunt is Back :thumbsup:

6. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Gene Hunt, a man so tough that he once blocked a round house kick from Chuck Norris, and then proceeded to punch Norris so hard to the solar plexus that Norris not only fell on 'is arse, but his tears were unable to cure cancer for 18 months.

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Did anyone see the Newsnight Review of it last Friday? Pretty much slagged it off big style, saying it was full of historical errors and just generally bad

But then again, what do they know? :)

8. Bob The Skutter

Don't they practically slag off anything that's popular though? I think every time I've seen it they have.
    Every other review I've seen says it's not quite as good as Life on Mars at it's best, but there does look to be better to come.

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. They always have one person who's okay, and the other two are always total wankers

10. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

looking forward to this

11. Kimi3013

Kimi3013 Captain Captain

I know of Life on Mars, but I've never seen it. I've been without a TV for the past two years when I'm at uni. No point paying for the licence when there's noting other than MotD or TopGear I'd watch, and I can see games live in one of the many pubs next to my flat or down the union. £125 quid + price of a TV for TopGear isn't worth it.

12. Bob The Skutter

That's understandable... But I'd recommend watching it to anyone, just on the strength of Life on Mars, which was excellent.

13. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

EXILE + ATTON = GUUUUUUSH!!!! (pic by aimo)
    Well, it'll be 4 here when it airs... so I have to hope that someone does the cap and up routine by the time I get home tonight. ;)

14. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Any opportunity to spend time with Philip Glennister is a good one. Looking forward to Gene firing up the Quatro. :angel:

15. Bob The Skutter

And Ray with a perm has got to be worth seeing. :lol:

16. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

So, who saw it then?

I dont wanna mention any spoilers, coz I know all you nancy boys gets yer knicker's crossed whenever someone mentions any. :p

As for A2A...Im still trying to form a single opinion, but my one word comment would be....heh?

More confusing than LoM was and not as entertaining, but it has potenial, now where over the "time hump", I think it could get decent.

-Dac

17. Bob The Skutter

Well that was just as good as I'd hoped. With some classic Gene Hunt lines. I was glad to see that they didn't just ignore Sam, and why he wasn't there. :thumbsup: from me.

18. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

It was good enough for me to watch next week, but nowhere near as good as life on mars, they spent far too much time in the present before she went back, and I know it sounds petty, but the girls mole really bugged me.

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I liked it, although both Gene and Ray seemed much more subdued, hell Ray was practically nice!

Nice to see mention of Sam, and by God Keely Hawes is sexy!

It didn't feel as well put together as LOM, but that might just be because 1981 is more recognziable to me than 1973 as I was ten or eleven rather than two or three!

I like the explanation for time travelling far slower in the past than in the present. Finally the end of LOM makes more sense!

Best bit? Zippy and George obviously :D

20. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was pretty good, I liked the zippy and george bit best as well.

Its trying to one-up Life on Mars with its action scenes and their behaviour though, its not really necessary.