Art that doesn't need its own thread

I would think the only people you should worry about "not wanting it done" is the creators of the original blueprints.

Nothing specific on the design, mostly just testing out an art style.

vmrPK23.png

I did this thing last night, inspired by the Rethinking TMP thread. I really prefer the TMP ship to the TOS one, but I wondered what it would look like if most of the refit changes were made to the same spaceframe as the original.
VAAfTx0.jpg

Then this morning I decided to try the opposite, see what the refit spaceframe would look like before all the refit enhancements.
WPfOjeE.jpg

Both look kinda weird.
Base images are from Strategic Design blueprints

Reminds me of ships in Ships of the Star Fleet Vol 1 Cruisers and Frigates from 1991

I did this thing last night, inspired by the Rethinking TMP thread. I really prefer the TMP ship to the TOS one, but I wondered what it would look like if most of the refit changes were made to the same spaceframe as the original.
VAAfTx0.jpg

Then this morning I decided to try the opposite, see what the refit spaceframe would look like before all the refit enhancements.
WPfOjeE.jpg

Both look kinda weird.
Base images are from Strategic Design blueprints

They both could definitely variants of some kind. There are aspects of both I really like.

Taking a break from polygons to make my wrist hurt.

Ram and Rem or is that Rem and Ram? (from re-zero) I always get these 2 mixed up. Manga is worse as they nearly look the same without colour. HAH anyhow I think I have attributes correct in this. Dunno where it will go as Im not too happy with it.

Given there is anime, manga, and novels for this series fixing style and design took up way too much time. Worse still they have multiple artists working each arch as well.

1to1 crop, tempted to compose it like this vs full body.

not really trek or sci-fi but eh. Plan was to try out different brushes and work in a different look but I ended up with these two maids instead. . . . . . oh well.

Was bored and decided to play around with my "Soviet Enterprise" aka the Gagarin. Will probably make a couple of tweaks to it....one to give it a Japanese flavor since it was 60's Japanese sci-fi movies that inspired the take in the first place. Also I'd like to use it on a UESPA cover.

CCCP%20Gagarin_zpsd7v4kctq.png

Edit:
And here's a WIP of the 60's Japanese version.

Japanese%20Enterprise2_zpsywc5obwn.png

Last edited:
Was bored and decided to play around with my "Soviet Enterprise" aka the Gagarin. Will probably make a couple of tweaks to it....one to give it a Japanese flavor since it was 60's Japanese sci-fi movies that inspired the take in the first place. Also I'd like to use it on a UESPA cover.

CCCP%20Gagarin_zpsd7v4kctq.png

Edit:
And here's a WIP of the 60's Japanese version.

Japanese%20Enterprise2_zpsywc5obwn.png
I love these!!!

Lensman, is that Soviet/Japanese Enterprise modeled and rendered polygons or adept vector editing?

If the former, i've love to bribe you for a .OBJ file. :adore:

I love these!!!

Thank you! :beer:

Lensman, is that Soviet/Japanese Enterprise modeled and rendered polygons or adept vector editing?

If the former, i've love to bribe you for a .OBJ file. :adore:

It's a modeled object, done in an old program called Truespace. I've looked at the "save as" options, and I don't see .obj listed. Can the program you're using open .cob files?

The model is still a "work in progress" (both versions) as I still need to figure out / finalize the saucer details. I've managed to not really show much of the saucer in any pics of the ship for that reason. Once that's done, I'll be more than happy to send you a copy.

You would have to look at export as obj or 3ds are transport files between packages. One gotcha is often TS or other progs have different opinions of standards so it might not open in say max or LW.

Back