Anyone watch REVENGE?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Top41, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I really liked this one! A juicy mystery with some really, really hot guys in it. :D I know it's supposed to look like Jack shot Danny, but I just don't think so... it would be too obvious, and Jack just doesn't seem the type. Emily was at the party the whole time, or at least, we saw her there when he got shot, so I don't think it could be her. THough I guess she could have paid someone to do it...

Madeline Stowe was pretty awesome in this, too! Did anyone else watch?

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I saw it. I wasn't overly impressed, but there were some interesting hooks in there and I might stick with it to see where they go. Madeleine Stowe really stole the show. I didn't know she was in it and didn't recognize her at first. I even noticed that she got top billing over Emily VanCamp, the central character. And a fascinating central character she is. I liked seeing Henry Czerny in the cast as well. Thought he was Jeremy Irons for a second or two. :rommie:

Can't wait to see how this did in the ratings.

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Revenge is off to a good start in the ratings, with fast national ratings indicating it drew just over 10 million viewers and a 3.4 in the demo (although that'll probably drop a point or two in the final ratings since Modern Family, which had a monster premiere, ran over a little).

4. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked the movie Revenge with Madeline Stowe but this show isn't my cup of tea.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I kinda wanted to see this...I may catch it on ABC's website sometime this weekend.

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was better than I expected. Well produced, well cast. But I'm not certain the subject matter interests me enough for me to stick with it. I'll give it another episode before deciding.

That gives me more motivation to stick with it. I definitely don't want to invest time in this show and have the rug pulled mid-season.

New Fall Season: 2/3. Next up: Person of Interest!

7. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I really liked it! I've just realized, Emily Van Camp has a habit of being in awesome shows. I hope this one sticks around for a while, because there are so many interesting directions that it could go in.

Top41, I assumed that Emily was the one who pulled the trigger, because in that scene at the party when someone comes up to talk to her and she quickly looks down at her hand and wipes away gunpowder. At least that's what I thought I was seeing!

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, I'm planning on checking this out on Hulu tomorrow. Seeing that people here liked it makes me even more curious to see it.

9. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I watched this show. And I liked it. :alienblush:

10. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I'm glad the ratings were good! It sucks when you get drawn into a show right from the get-go and then it bombs in its first outing. Hopefully Revenge will do well in the coming weeks, because I want to know what happens!

Spot's Meow, interesting theory about Emily--I need to go back and re-watch that scene because I didn't catch that. I thought when she was trying to call him on the phone it looked genuine, but maybe she was actually trying an accomplice??

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty good episode. The only major problem I had with it was the acting of whoever played Nolan. He was pretty bad in some of his scenes.

12. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I like it and intend to watch more episodes. Nothing deep, but that's not what I'm looking for anyway. Also the main actress is very pretty in a refreshing way, and I like when she's evil.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched it earlier today on Netflix, and I liked it. It wasn't anything amazing, but I enjoyed it and will be sticking with it. I'm very curious to see what leads us to where we started.

14. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

I liked it. Not revolutionary yet, but it's off to a good start, and Emily VanCamp was a favourite of mine on Everwood those many years ago.

Seriously, though, that dog should have been dead years ago, and if he wasn't, he'd been an invalid.