Ann Coulter on Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Argus Skyhawk, Jun 28, 2014.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm generally a fan of good games, regardless of the sport being played. Every sport has exciting games and boring games. I've watched baseball games that have had me on the edge of my seat, and I've watched others that have put me right to sleep. I'm sure I could get into soccer if I gave it a chance...but I probably won't.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The media doesn't sell the sport though, it sells sports celebrities. All the soccer celebrities are off playing in European leagues and all we get here is the MLS which is basically the soccer XFL.

You can't generate American soccer celebrities without raising them from childhood. And that's not going to happen as long as children's soccer leagues are treated as activities rather than sports. Can't impress girls in an intramural league.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

And that's fine.. we all have different tastes. The difference though is to not feel the need to put down the other sport and make fun of it or even insult the fans of the other sport.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I wonder if coulter saw last night's game :devil:

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean, because in this game hardly anyone ever scores? :evil:

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

yeah that's the one :lol:

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I could get into soccer if I had an easy convenient way to get into the most competitive league in the world.

The NBA, NHL, and NFL are the most competitive leagues for their respective sport, and their broadcasts are mass marketed and spoon fed to me on networks I watch and times I'm in the mood to sit down, relax and watch sports.

The MLS is terrible, and the Premiere League and Champions Leagues are not marketed to me, I have no idea when they're on, and are probably on during work hours and/or early morning. I love tennis and I haven't followed tennis since I was full time employed since all the majors are mostly on when I'm at work.