Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by batboy853, Dec 10, 2020.
Looking great, very clean!
Thanks! I'm trying my best with this build to stay with the subsurf method of modeling where I model the ship lower poly and use subdivision surface to get it up to the full poly count. I'm also trying to avoid Booleans wherever possible, so that I can maintain edge loops for a cleaner mesh topology.
Now if only the model and toy-makers could be convinced that the lower saucer is not flat---must have been three-footer fans....
Another tiny update since it's Friday
I reworked the upper lip around the deflector today. I also added some color materials to make the ship feel more like the actual ship. I added a basic rib texture to the phaser strips, but I am not really liking them. I've also added the yellow details on the nacelles. I also attempted to model the panel detailing on the deflector, but no matter what I did it looked terrible so it's still just flat.
I feel like I have the basic shape just about right. After this I will start modeling the hull lines. Eventually textures. I am already regretting to topology I used for the saucer. I am happy with shape, but it does not match the topology of the hull plating.
Anyways, happy weekend, here are some pictures:
Nice work its coming along. Keep up the great work.
IMO the Enterprise-D has aged much better than her successor (and I say this with towering respect and love to the great John Eaves).
Please keep this up Andy; you are definitely doing her justice. The angle in that last image in particular… chef’s kiss.
Coming along nicely indeed.
@Bernard Guignard, @Santaman Thanks!
@Professor Moriarty I mean I love the sovy too, but it's just not as majestic. more of a military design. It was also designed in mind that CGI was the future. Even the physical model had a more basic paint job to it.
Happy Friday everyone!
This week I started working on where the upper saucer molds into the stardrive section. I also fixed up some edges on the warp nacelles, and then tweaked the topology near the aft torpedo bay to make it cleaner.
The biggest part of this update, I started working on the Aztec textures! I'll go into more detail in a future update as I have some place to be in an hour.
I like the "D" a lot more than the "E" just a personal preference..
Anyway, this is already looking very nice.
Not sure why, but I felt compelled to post an update tonight.
I've started working on the aztec pattern on the lower saucer, as well as the stardrive. I've also decided to do the hull lines via texture for the time being. I've modified my approach to how the lines impact the material, I'm happy with the result for the time being. I will for sure be modeling the windows.
Coming along very nicely.
The E has grown on me but there was no need for it. The D looked fine on the big screen.
I like the contrast when seen together though. The E does look a lot faster.
Good work Andy! She´s looking a beauty!
Hey Guys, it's been a while. I have not had much time to work on this because work has been pretty busy. I took some time this week to continue texture work on the lower stardrive!
looks good, nice Aztec-ing in general! overall shape looks solid as well.
@Jason_Adank, @Santaman Thanks guys!
Today I decided to update the color pallet of my galaxy class bridge based off of the paint colors listed in the Picard s3 bridge tour video.
After updating the colors I noticed the bridge was now very dark, so I needed to double the exposure so that it would look closer to what was seen on screen in the video above.
Looks great, and yeah that's quite bright indeed.
Love it! A lot more colorful and interesting to look at than the bland beige that plagued Berman-era productions.
Separate names with a comma.