AndyP's Trek building thread

IHv3i_N3kLxZUGrizrqm7sY93eu3agfHzg1Z-8pN6_F8vT5Nm23iCQV6ucOvlj0xNgP-nSmv3fF5Wb5RVIVj0aDcnM_tz8MN8KL_FvvMf4Op7wjGMbG5cQvBjrcAICzVfLbB40DcZg=w2400
You might want to take a look at those seats compared to episode screencaps and behind-the-scenes photos from the production of the show and Generations; what you've got looks more like the bridge chairs created for Star Trek: The Experience that was in Las Vegas.

@cardinal biggles they were built based off of the measurement studies of the chairs from the Experience. I actually built those for a previous set, and re-used them for this set because I was happy with them. I was not planning on building new ones unless it was a make it or break it type thing.

Hey guys, mid month update.

I still need to go back and add set labels to the TNG Bridge, but other than that it's pretty much done.

TNG conference room, was pretty close to completion at last update, I've added the touch panels next to each of the screens. I do need to go back and add room décor, but need to decide on how much. I also need to create the key pads that are found along the table.

Today I wanted to share images from the next room I am working on, the TNG ready room. There are some things that I already know are not accurate. The wall next to the bridge door is too far from the door, and the wall padding needs to be a few inches higher. The desk is based on the blueprints for how the desk appeared in s1. I never realized that the desk was swapped out for S2 onwards.

I'm torn on if I want to make the fish tank series version, the movie version, or the Jellico version. Right now it's the Jellico Version. With my sets I have been trying to make them as generic as possible, so that it could be any Galaxy class ship, and not necessarily one ship or another.

Colors may or may not be accurate as I was basing the colors off of my perception of the color. Picard really likes the color pink. Or you could say the room is this color to remind him of red wine.

RMpzCxvGj_Np7pHCcC-r9Hjv5AP5OysnKGmhpPyvnnIrb33g1hk9NciJSD5fM9iYmkIrzkHXzUkrBibR9F86wmntXzpQgSvh0W4_eYEUM9nf1HpmyJwy3xRm_x_4Sm-Kt5wPScrrGA=w2400

_55-pCyB_KdV7RTc6ugegHIc5OXakmUW8FBerP4zcgJSSw3gXrRbt4fWR41iGfpiRwdwHauSl5yciimMEEIjDtvYLHt0d1JnLVO49q8C-DVwPUD0n44QdI9tCjT0TITOvXOMQ_lnbA=w2400

7Nv_Trrtw5uvekvUMhL6B8AqwDHb-N784zRKXKERlCOt4dbIQo729bkknw_LhF9rKP9VGdNROoIzdw8FZRFZhUr13yMjM3AtskhwjIPs_qhpq4x9GGwqChaur8OQNygmZlCKC-ANQw=w2400

Updates:
Modeled the Fish Tank (Generations version) the actual tank contents is an image texture on a 2d plane., added a ship model (I went with the Miranda class that I built previously). I noticed that I had the window in the wrong spot, so I moved it. Currently the window is the series size. (in generations it was wider.)

AL9nZEVNmzruIqQw175NEEQNFpZgwWs6-V4YBlA3BJQ0lWC7mS4O_1PciopQQJZlt3jqjyJpbs7KkmZt3fB_50D7KTyYFeSGG9QTleTYSmzjpf7SRqTzTSQ=w2400

Worked on the sofa today. I built it off of very few references, so it is very much by guestimates. I also added the painting above the sofa. I cannot take credit for the image I used for the painting, I found it here. It's a recreation of the original. If anyone has a high quality version of the original let me know. I can't remember if it ended up in auction at some point.

AL9nZEWNtsDkhtklwW0303Y581HedFADkmGkvY4noi8uh4-7buZfFR7LWUywW3cviMPp20fybC3JHBNDkdK_R8KFMfqi17805GvKu8t9nlbu8uofwigyXlY=w2400

EDIT:
Livingston is now in the building.

AL9nZEU8J5LAnrVZmj2EJU-zmtFBle_7Du2yxDAicI--G1BKTzt-Kyed1OtFnf0Ye-A4_z8qKVhPrRDQTmCWaRCmmHqQKjy5JOcRgIZtiWgygaLHSjXGaLQ=w2400

Last edited:
@Lt. Washburn I like it too! The remaining door pieces are going to eventually be replaced with the TNG ones. For some reason I thought they modified the cargo bay corridor in s7 to add the voyager panels, however looking for screencaps I am not finding any evidence of that. Maybe added for generations? (squint and you can see the panel)

They did modify the turbolift in s7, which brought in some elements that carried on into voyager.

Back