Am I the only one that likes the nazi time travel episode

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Voth commando1, May 8, 2017.

1. TheAdmiralty

TheAdmiralty Commander Red Shirt

I guess they were fine. There have just been so many nazi-centric episodes on Star Trek so I didn't need another one.

The sooner they got past the TCW stuff the better, IMO. Never understood why they decided to do that in a prequel of all things. Enterprise was supposed to be about getting away from all the baggage that had built up in TNG/post-TNG era Trek, but then they decide to build the series around a storyline they could have done on any of the other shows as opposed to something unique to the premise of humans going into deep space for the first time.

2. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The producers wanted to do a show that was a sequel to First Contact, and a prequel to the other series. The network wanted sequel show in the "25th century." Braga had a pitch for a temporal war series not related to Star Trek and offered to use that as part of Enterprise to please studio execs. The original concept for ENT had no TCW, and the first season took place mostly on earth.

3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Regeneration was the only real tie in to First Contact though wasn't it?

I mean it was a great episode and all, explained where the Sphere had gone at the start of FC, but seems to be the only actual tie in that I noticed.

4. Prax

It's Cochrane, the Vulcan-human relations since first contact, the warp engine, etc. Cochrane appears in the pilot, started the "warp five program" with Henry Archer, and the two men, and they're engine(nx-01)are frequently discussed throughout the show. This, and relations with the vulcans are probably the two biggest themes throughout the 4 seasons.

5. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Oh yeah I get that but is that a strong tie in? Cochrane's story of what happened seemed to have been debunked by himself recanting it, and then later over time people thought he was raving to himself about those events. History seems to have created its own version of both him and what happened. That's what I get out of the series, but everyone's different and that's how I took things. I felt Regeneration was the strongest tie in.

6. cgervasi

cgervasi Commander Red Shirt

I didn't like it before, but I watched it with my 8-y/o I found a new appreciation for it. It's odd how watching Trek with a kid gives me the feeling I had when I watched TOS at the same age.

Gary7 likes this.
  7. GreenDragonKnight

GreenDragonKnight Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No you're not. It's always been one of my favorite ENT episodes as well. Yes, it's easy to make fun of it: time-traveling Nazi space lizards, I know I know I know... nevertheless, I think that as an alternate history episode, it was extremely well done.

8. Phil123

Phil123 Commander Red Shirt

It's watchable but Trek really needs to move on from doing Nazi episodes. Meeting an alien civilization that is Nazi-like in which we can explore the horrors or such ideologies is great, but actual Nazis, it lacks inspiration and trek should be above it.

9. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a bad idea that Cotto and the writing staff had to somehow find away to make it work and they did as well as expected when you got something as lame as alien nazi's.
    I liked seeing a altered look at history were America was half conquered and the newsreel stuff in the teaser is awesome. The actress was good who was the main guest star and I liked the dog fight with fighter jets but that I think comes more from the season 3 final than these episodes.

Jason

10. Prax

I believe this episode showcased the first actual natsies in Trek.

11. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Did DS9 have any Nazis? VOY sure did. It was amusing to see Hirogen walking around in Nazi uniforms alongside their German counterparts. Peculiar to say the least! So I guess Enterprise had to take a stab at it. It wasn't bad, actually... could've been much worse!

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mirror Odo

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Gary7 likes this.
  13. Prax

Rule number eleven: Humans will not make jokes about Odo!

14. Jayson1

Actually we didn't see Nazi's in "Voyager" or "TOS" because on "Voyager they were just holograms and on "TOS" they were aliens who based their culture on them because the world's worst historian told them to.

Jason

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Unless they were invisible, we saw them.

16. Prax

Posers

17. Nerys Myk

So...Neo-Nazis?

DonIago likes this.
  18. Jayson1

But if a Hologram isn't a real person then you can only see a fake image if them. It would be like saying Tom Cruise was a Nazi when he played one in a movie.

Jason

19. Prax

They were neo notsies

20. Nerys Myk

The images are played by real people dressed as Nazis. So people dressed as Nazis appeared in TOS, ENT and VOY. Their "in-story" status as holograms or aliens is irrelevant.

Phil123 likes this.