ALT-Trek

Well that's not how the original design is and that would be too much of a change that I don't feel is needed. Plus it's all one piece and changing it now would be a pain in the ass.

UPDATE...
With the back mostly done I started on the spine.
1682.jpg

Here’s a close look at the back. The segmenting shows kind of bad but I think I can live with it for now. I just want to maybe fix a few things I don’t like 100%.
1683.jpg

It's smiling! While I am not a fan of the design, especially the main hull, I do like the aft end of the secondary hull. It's very utilitarian and NASA-like.

Thanks.

UPDATE...
Ok. I think I broke the back of this thing. The saucer was the one thing I was concerned about the most but now that I’ve cracked it I feel pretty good about finishing this ship. I have yet to do the upper and lower sensor domes but those will be next.
1684.jpg

1685.jpg

1686.jpg

UPDATE...
Here’s a nice shot of the details for the backend. I’m now thinking I will build an interior to the shuttle bay. Done in Mental Ray.
1687.jpg

I’m starting to get the windows in the secondary hull. If it wasn’t for the damn heat I probably could have gotten more done before the end of the month.
1688.jpg

Just a few scale shots with my Archer and D7.
1689.jpg

1690.jpg

Oh yeah I finally got a chance to sit back and listen to the new Rush CD Clockwork Angels. Fan freak’n tastic.

UPDATE...
I’ve started to make the textures for the Romulan version of the Klingon D7. I’ve decided to make it less dirty and I might repaint the grime. The Romulan text on the ship says “stolen ship” on it. Halfway down the neck the color will start to fade into a blue color. Right now I’m considering this more like a proof of concept instead of the final look but that could change. I may decide to unwrap the whip and paint all new textures for it.
1738.jpg

1739.jpg

1740.jpg

Thanks.

UPDATE...
Well. I’m moving rather fast on this. You can see where the ship starts to fade to blue. I like the way things are turning out right now so this could end up being the final version when I’m done.
1741.jpg

1742.jpg

UPDATE...
Most of the main hull is done. I just need to do some minor things to it. I added the big bird underneith. I considered doing something new for it but I’m happy with the way it looks.
1743.jpg

1744.jpg

1745.jpg

UPDATE...
I finished the shuttle bay and warp engines. I am now calling this done. Not bad for three days work. I should have orthos done on Sunday.
1746.jpg

1747.jpg

1748.jpg

Back