Alex Kingston Writes River Song Novel

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Feb 11, 2021.

1. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

HAH!- Arthur C. Clarke is in 2010 (a little)

Lonemagpie likes this.
  2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Haven't seen that in years... ISTR PTerry is in a couple of the Discworld adaptations, and of course Stephen King has a secondary career out of cameoing in all the adaptations of his...

DW-wise the only ones that spring to mind are Terrance in The Silurians, and you can hear RTD as one of the "are you my mummy" voices in hospital in the Empty Child/Doctor Dances cliffhanger. Oh, and the guy wrote The Space Museum is in Sontaran Experiment, cos he was an actor before he was a scriptwriter, even though he wrote for DW before appearing in it. Similar for Toby Whithouse in Twice Upon A Time, and of course Gatiss, who was an actor/comedian first.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a "blink and you miss it" in-joke. You briefly see a cover to, IIRC, Time magazine, and it depicts Clarke as the American president and Stanley Kubrick as the Soviet premier, relating to the geopolitical tensions in the 2010 film.

Ironically, a friend posted a video on Facebook a few days ago about how everyone's forgotten that 2010 exists, and here I am, posting obscure 2010 trivia. :)

4. Lonemagpie

At least I haven't forgotten it exists - Helen Mirren's in it, after all - and I do have the DVD...

Allyn Gibson likes this.
  5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

2010 was probably the first place I saw Mirren. :)

Lonemagpie likes this.
  6. Lonemagpie

Excalibur here...

arch101 likes this.