Agents of SHIELD: Season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OCD Geek, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn, that's one hell of a tease!

I'm calling it now, based on the colorful smoke cloud: Alternate universe!

I guess you didn't watch the convention video...or see my reply to it. ;)

3. Enterprise is Great

We still don't know if this is pre or post Endgame yet. We probably won't know until the season premiere.

4. OCD Geek

OCD Geek Captain Captain

Not-Phil is a badass. Whoever he ends up being, it's really cool that Clark Gregg is getting something different to work with. I love me my Coulson, but I also love seeing actors I like get to branch out and try new things. After playing the same character for a decade, I'm sure Clark is enjoying the change of pace.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

6. The Nth Doctor

Aside from last season, didn't every season end on a cliffhanger?

7. Briet

Briet Lieutenant Red Shirt

^I would say they ended with teases for next season's story, but they always ended the current stories.

8. The Nth Doctor

That's fair. I think Whedon left vague enough that season six's finale could be that again...or an actual massive cliffhanger.

9. Turtletrekker

10. The Nth Doctor

At this point, I didn't expect they would and I would've been surprised if they did. I'm fine with this because it lets them stay focused on their characters and stories.

11. Turtletrekker

Agreed. While I obviously have no insider knowledge, if the story pans out if the way I kind of sort of expect it to, then it events Infinity War won't be something that the agents would even remember.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

At what point do they just stop pretending they're in the same universe as the movies? At this point they're about as connected to the MCU as the Netflix shows were. I'm not even sure the current Agents of SHIELD show is in the same universe as the first 3 seasons of Agents of SHIELD at this point, and its obvious that they've given up even trying to connect to anything. If you can't even bother connect to literally the biggest thing in the entire universe, then you're not in that universe anymore. Its just a crap sci fi show that was allowed to license a few B to D list Marvel characters back when the writers gave a shit, and now just coasts along on its own bullshit.

13. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

So don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. :)

Admiral2 likes this.
  14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you watch last season?

15. The Nth Doctor

Like not watching something ever stopped him from judging something! :lol:

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I stopped watching when Coulson and 90% of the cast in general became unrepentant Nazis in the matrix. I have this thing about heroic characters being turned into Nazis by shit writers. The fact that the Nazi stuff transitioned into a season doing the "Fake Future you know will never happen" thing (complete with not explaining why The Avengers didn't save the earth, I'd guess because AoS isn't in the MCU post Season 3-ish) didn't do the show any favors. Then, the show killed off one of its four remaining good characters (the four good characters being Coulson, Daisy, Simmons and May), and the main fucking character at that.

At this point, I'd rather watch Inhumans, Iron First and Jessica Jones all in a row then to watch post- Ghost Rider Agents of SHIELD. At least those shows were always bad, they didn't go from being good shows to being absolute crap. Also, none of those shows turn their heroes into Nazis, which is a big plus, and they all also got cancelled, which AoS should have been after season 4.

You don't need to watch a show to know its crap. Besides, I pretty much watched Season 5, because its every "Fake Future that you know will never happen" Sci Fi story. Hell, the X-Men comics have a different future done in that style every few years at minimum. A bunch of X-Men are even from futures that never ended up happening. So, really, anyone who has read comics or watched a decent amount of Sci Fi has seen Agents of SHIELD Season 5. Anyone who watched Days of Future Past has seen the premise of season 5 done 1000 times better, and they didn't have to suffer through over a dozen hours filled with of shitty characters.

17. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Now that's just crazy talk.

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going with a different universe version of Coulson. The "Terran" Coulson, if you will.

19. Enterprise is Great

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have you ever considered not talking shit about stuff you obviously don't actually know anything about? It might help to actually make people around here like you a bit more.