Agents of Shield - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MarsWeeps, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it would have been awkward?

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I tend to allow more leeway for such things in a setting with Norse gods, green monsters, flying cars....

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, but those are things we haven't seen in a hundred other TV shows and movies. Conspiracy stories have been done to death, resurrected, and done to death again.

4. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

She can put him in a Groundhog Day scenario, repeating the same thing over and over again. I wonder if the machine can compress years into minutes like the probe from "The Inner Light" that targeted Picard.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  5. The Old Mixer

I see what you did there.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  6. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Both myself and Yoda are working under the assumption that "there is another". Heck, the graphic alone that they've been using to advertise the LMD arc implies that May won't be the only one. And seeing all those door panels certainly hints that Radcliff had multiple LMD's lying around.

If you start doing the process of elimination, you pretty quickly get to some obvious guesses.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

It's not Coulson, or else Radcliffe would already have the Darkhold. It's not Yo-Yo because we saw her use her powers. It's not Fitz, because he was the whistle-blower... unless that's all part of Radcliffes plan...

8. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Which leaves anyone without powers. Simmons, Mack, and Talbot., Who suspiciously has very telling last three letters in his name, as well as an insanely inhuman mustache. ;)

Or perhaps it's Agent Bad Hair Man from last week...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  9. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mace could technically be a possibility, too. Aida is certainly strong enough to fake his ability. The only possible issue is whether taking injections would somehow expose an LMD.

But my money is absolutely on Simmons. Mack and Mace are both in the middle of character arcs that would be pretty ruined by finding out they aren't even real. Simmons has been in the background for a while. Talbot has certainly been acting funny, which is exactly why I believe he's a red herring. Meanwhile, even though Simmons has acted perfectly like herself, her actions have already coincidentally aligned with Radcliffe's agenda at least once (trying to stop Fitz's investigation). And the reveal that Radcliffe has been working with Nadeer also makes Simmons the only person with a clear path to being replaced. It would also explain why Inhuman hating Senator Nadeer even bothered getting an expert to try to 'save' her Inhuman brother - because it was never about helping her brother, but instead about getting a high level mole in SHIELD.

ETA: Not to mention that Radcliffe is basically Fitz's nemesis, and replacing Simmons is about the worst he could possibly do to him.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Jemma able to figure out that Aida was an android rather quickly by her blinking patterns or some such?

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If that was the reason, they should've said so. If it's left to the fans to try to guess the explanation after the fact, then it's a plot hole.

Besides, Radcliffe fixed that flaw in his later models, or LMayD would've been discovered already.

12. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Did I miss something? Or did I see scenes you guys didn't see?
    Radcliffe is the "other one".

13. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Speculating, that's all. We fell into the trap that I didn't want to fall into...Guessing who the ''other'' is (due to Radcliff's use of ''the other LMD''...why would he refer to his doppleganger that way? Because he wasn't, there's another...Grrrr, Argh, Grrrr).

14. Grendelsbayne

Maybe, but I'm not convinced, for the reasons I already gave in my first post.

15. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Fitz shot him and he had circuitry in his head. Then he bled.
    Then supposedly the real Radcliffe was in the meeting with the Senator.

16. The Old Mixer

LMD Radcliffe was probably blocked from realizing/acknowledging that he was the other one...just like Fake May didn't know she was an LMD and can't tell anyone that she is.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

This arch isn't as strong as the Ghost Rider arch, but it's not bad. I still want to see Deathlok's return. Other than Daisy, there's not much the rest of the agents can do against the LMDs other than shoot them but it's only a matter of time before they get bulletproof vests, armor, or something of the like. Deathlok has x-ray vision and can easily tell who's a robot or not. Also, I'm not sure why Radcliffe is working with Senator Nadeer, a murderer, while saying (IIRC) he doesn't kill. Then there's Fitz who's acting weirder than usually.

18. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just watched the last episode. One of the worst episodes of the season, with barely anything happening. May's fake "escape" was tedious, and very obviously a fake escape from the beginning. I hate Mack, so I don't give a crap about his backstory. The Senator sucks and I hope she's dealt with sooner rather then later (seriously, they could leak enough stuff to get her fired without them getting in trouble, but they just let her screw with them because....plot convenience?). Heck, at the very least they should make her "disappear" into some deep, dark SHIELD facility and throw away the key. She's evil and corrupt, they know she is. Radcliffe and his plan are just uninteresting at this point. Really, Coulson taking over command of SHIELD from that idiot Mace, while keeping Mace around for the public stuff, is the best thing to happen since the show came back. I hope it picks up soon, although I think the stupid senator character is sticking around until the season finale.

19. Grendelsbayne

Nobody said he wasn't an LMD. I just don't believe he's the backup plan that was referred to. In other words, the story would make more sense to me if there was still at least one other LMD in the mix that hasn't been revealed yet.

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was pretty good. The real May is still held in virtual captivity, but RoboMay knows the score-- she just can't do anything about it. Or can she? I have a feeling that Radcliffe has underestimated her. May, Robo or otherwise, will find a way around her programming. I'm betting that RealMay and RoboMay escape their respective bonds simultaneously.

Even more interesting is how Radcliffe is getting into her head. First he figured out, through RoboMay, that May does indeed have feelings for Coulson (and vice versa for YoYo, in a parallel conversation with Coulson). Then he figured out that the way to really get to her is through the incident in Bahrain. When she wakes up and realizes that was a trick, Radcliffe's life won't be worth a plugged nickel.

Mack and Yoyo make a great couple (although their sex scene was incredibly unconvincing). Yoyo's hot bloodedness makes a nice contrast to Mack's reticence. I got a kick out of her "I'm a knockout" and her inventory of Mack's physical attributes (she'd probably just shake her head at me and give me a dollar for a candy bar :rommie: ). And we got to learn a little bit about Mack's sad history, and the reason for his reticence. The poor guy has reason to be sad.

Talbot got a couple of moments to shine in this one, as did Mace. Talbot certainly made his point with Coulson about being responsible for SHIELD's continued existence, and that was a nice conversation between Mace and Daisy in the hearing. Both of them have admirable qualities, despite their flaws and comedic value.

Radcliffe makes a quite interesting antagonist. He seems to genuinely not want to hurt anyone and possibly wants to benefit the world-- we still don't know what his actual goal is. But getting mixed up with the senator is not going to lead to anything good.