Agents of Shield - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MarsWeeps, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It feels like the rest of this season will be a blast.

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Just a fyi here... I was watching this year's Battlebots competition and I had a bit of a surprise to find Coulson (Clark Gregg) as one of the judges. I guess SHIELD is scouting around for more robotic firepower :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Fitz should make Coulson a rocket fist like BeyMax had in Big Hero 6.

And a blazing sword.

They can call him Coultron.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  5. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Via Twitter, we get an image of a San Diego themed transit.

Of course, the internet immediately thought of Ghost Rider, but as i09 pointed out, the Inhuman Hellfire (who's pretty much a Gambit rip-off) picked up a chain and energized it in episode 20.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  6. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guessing that Mr. James will be running somewhat further amuck next year, then. If they actually use any of the "flaming skull" incarnations of the Ghost Rider on AoS, I'll be surprised. But that may be the point of the 10 PM timeslot, so...?

7. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

They're giving the series a new time slot? 10PM (EST/PST)? That's not good. ABC must be getting ready to cancel it after this next season.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, ABC changed leadership after the renewal order and the new leadership is hostile to the decisions of the previous one.

9. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

I think I have a pretty good idea why ABC's new leadership might be hostile toward "AGENTS OF SHIELD".

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Care to share?

11. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Channing Dungey the new head of ABC Entertainment, formerly held 2 positions -Executive VP of Drama for the network and of ABC Studios. She most certainly is not hostile towards SHIELD or other action adventure programming.
    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/channing-dungey-abc-entertainment-president-1201708379/

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/so-who-is-channing-dungey-heres-the-scoop/

The programming tactics being made for the upcoming season doesn't mean she doesn't have faith that AoS can't improve in its new timeslot.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Her actions as a whole demonstrated a concerted effort to reverse the decisions and planned decisions of her predecessor. Experts who follow the industry have said as much too.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, that's pretty cool. Not my favorite Ghost Rider version, but he's not bad. I do kind of hope they switch out his car for a motorcycle, though.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm really looking forward to this season for one odd reason: I want to know who the new Director is...

Oh, Skye is getting another new love interest.

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'm actually disappointed by this news. I was hoping Ghost Rider would get his own Netflix series, especially since I think the character is better suited for maturer audiences. Not looking forward to an ABC version of him.

Also, I didn't know there was a third incarnation of Ghost Rider. I did a quick lookup of the character and I don't like the notion of him driving a muscle car instead of a motorcycle.

17. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

:wtf: That's like putting the Silver Surfer on a jet ski...!

Marsden likes this.
  18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looked him up and his black Charger looks like Blade's. Crossover? :)

Either that or Vin Diesel. He doesn't even need to be an existing hero he could just be Vin Diesel. "What's his power?" "He's Vin Diesel."

If Kirby were still alive I bet somewhere we'd get a character on a cosmic jet ski.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

There's been some violent stuff on AoS from the get-go, and the post-Winter Soldier tone really hasn't been much lighter than the Netflix shows. Also, AoS is moving to an hour later time slot.

It's too bad that once a character uses a certain kind of vehicle on TV, he can never use another kind. Dang FCC censorship. :p

... As a non-comics guy, I'm vaguely intrigued by this. The show's made good use of mostly cool, calculating villains, but a change of pace and tone is certainly warranted at this point. I just hope this doesn't augur much messing around with Biblical mythology, which I mostly find profoundly dull. Not that I'm concerned we'll actually see a Yahweh anytime soon, but the less the MCU deals with monotheism apart from characters' beliefs, the better, I say.