Advice. Suggestions. Support. Guidance?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Trekker4747, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Facebook is good for communicating with other people and organizations in a more coherent manner allowing for communication in more than 140 characters sometimes meaning a message has to be parsed into incoherent net-speak and hashtags.

Seriously, it's pretty much the same damn thing except you can kind of make more meaningful messages and, I would argue, the layout and format is a bit more coherent than on Twitter.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's certainly the "same damn thing" as far as privacy goes.

Trekker4747 likes this.
  3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just don't get it. MLB you list your twitter on trekbbs. You use your real name on twitter. And yet you seem to derive some perverse pleasure in declaring how you will NEVER use facebook because, privacy. This is just.. nonsense.

Kemaiku likes this.
  4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I think MLB has a need to feel "different" and grinds this particular ax to validate his "differentness."

But then... he's on Twitter.

Hell, if he just hates Mark Zuckerberg, at least that'd be a principled stand I could agree with! ;)

Trekker4747 likes this.
  5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Remember when he hated CFL's because of the insignificant levels of Mercury in them?

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Did they make you mad as a hatter?

7. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

This is more good advice. My husband and I messaged through the dating website for a couple days, then emailed each other for a couple of days, then we talked on the phone for a few days...we met each other in person a week after the initial interaction. Even though I'm a hermit with social anxiety (and threw up in a nearby trash can right before meeting him), I went through with it anyway and within two years we were married. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you! :)

Good luck Trekker, don't let one failure get you down. My husband sent out a LOT of messages before meeting me. A small number of people responded, he ended up eventually meeting 6 people in person, he went out with 3 of those people more than once, but only one of them did he actually get into a relationship with. It just takes one!

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got over that.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017