Absolute Worst Voyager Episode Ever?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Zameaze, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Toby Meyer

Toby Meyer Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

What's Suspiria? That's not a Voyager episode.

2. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Suspiria was in the episode "Cold Fire" which I think is the best Voyager episode ever! :techman:

3. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

I suspect @Mareika was referring to "Cold Fire", "Suspiria" being the German name of that episode.

Lynx likes this.
  4. Lynx

I didn't know that.
    However, it's a great episode. Spooky, exciting and Kes as the main character!

Jinn likes this.
  5. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

Fury is great. Old Kes, the Vidiians, B'Elanna dead, Janeway killing Kes, the fact one of the good guys went bad. Love it.

6. RunningValkyrie

RunningValkyrie Captain Captain

The worst episode in my opinion is The Fight. I have rewatched Voyager several times but has never been able to watch that episode from start to finish.

Terok Nor likes this.
  7. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

The one when Kes goes into heat and eats all the weird crap is close to the worst for me.
    I'm currently rewatching the series and so far I've skipped both Favorite Son and Once Upon a Time, so possibly one of those also.

8. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Depends on how to interpret "worst".

In terms of offensiveness - Fury, no contest. Though objectively speaking it's not a "bad" episode in terms of inconsistencies or weak story or execution or ….
    In terms of ridiculousness and "bad science"- Threshold. Thouh I personally like this episode since it's entertaining.
    In terms of "weak story overall" - don't know, perhaps something like Spirit Folk or Q2?
    … and I could go on with still different interpretations of "worst" ...

Mareika likes this.
  9. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Sorry, yes. It`s the German title. I mean "Cold Fire". I like Kes in this one, but I didn`t like the idea of a female caretaker and the realization,to make her a little girl really odd.

Jinn likes this.
  10. Lynx

It's a sick and insulting episode where a beloved main character was destroyed for no reason at all, except for the fact that certain scumbags in charge wanted to insult the fans who wanted the character back.

That piece of s**t is the worst episode ever in the whole history of TV. It should never have been made and should be deleted from all future DVD releases of Star Trek Voyager.

I hate it and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. :mad:

11. Terok Nor

That's your prerogative but I love it:bolian:

12. Lynx

I don't understand how you can love that horrible piece of s**t.

What if it had been Janeway who had been so totally humiliated and destroyed? Would you have loved it then?

13. Terok Nor

Probably.

Agony_Boothb likes this.
  14. KJY

KJY Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

One thing I've always found really dumb about this episode is that a race of telepaths didn't attempt to verify whether the crew was telling the truth about not killing the male caretaker.

One episode I don't think gets enough hate is Parallax. I think it's one of the worst episodes in the series. First, the episode teases you with the idea of a maquis mutiny, then starts one of the most cliched causality paradox stories ever, complete with cliched dialogue about how confusing time travel is that could just as easily have been said by any character. I wouldn't be surprised if the actors accidentally grabbed each other's scripts by mistake and the director just went with it. Then there's that incredibly tedious conversation between the captain and B'Elanna about which Voyager is the right one that was just painful to listen to. All I can think while they're blabbing on is "Weren't the maquis talking about a mutiny earlier in this episode? That sounds way more interesting!" What's weird is that they made the captain right even though the whole point of the episode seemed to be about B'Elanna proving her worth, but, then again, maybe Mulgrew and Dawson accidentally grabbed each other's scripts and the director just went with it...

15. Sareesataka

Sareesataka Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Some really bad episodes listed in this thread, but I don't know if I would call some of them the "worst episodes ever".

The worst of the worst, for me, are The Fight, Fair Haven, and Threshold. My criteria is: If I skip over the episode during a marathon, then it must be really bad. When I do a Voyager marathon, these are the only 3 I skip.

16. olysounder89

olysounder89 Ensign Newbie

Wow, I'm going through this thread laughing because a lot of episodes you all are mentioning, I like! lol

For me though it is Threshold. It just boils down to the idea of evolving to slugs, and that Janeway and Paris did it sends shivers down my spine.

17. Lynx

I wouldn't.
    I hate character destruction.

18. Lynx

"Threshold" is at least funny. The s**t episode in season 6 isn't.

Watch "Threshold" and imagine that it's just a nightmare Janeway had after eating too much of Neelix's food and it's actually funny. I see no other way to explain the events in this episode.

19. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now there's a nice idea for a thread : 'episodes that give you the feeling scripts were swapped' ;)

On a more serious note: I remember seeing it and thinking it didn't bode too well they had to resort to such a clichéd plot idea in the very first regular episode. That feeling didn't get better when it was followed immediately by Time and Again, yet another time paradox/causality loop episode. Fortunately though, I liked Phage and Eye of the Needle a lot more.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  20. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thank you! I was trying to remember the name of that ep. And, yes, that's my candidate. Everybody just kinda wanders around lost for most of the ep and then, in the end, the Anomaly-of-the-Week kinda moves on without our heroes really doing anything . . . .

Honorable mention: the one where Chakotay and Seven get marooned on a jungle planet--and nothing at all interesting happens.

The likes of "Threshold" are at least entertaining and memorable to boot. Boring, however, is unforgivable. :)

Farscape One and Lynx like this.