Spoilers A Theory About Star Trek Discovery.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by johnjm22, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

Multiple S(t)ar(Tr)eks Theory? Never heard of it! :rommie:

Michael likes this.
  2. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I would like to see Section 31 myself, a few mirror episodes would be cool as well.

The only problem with that is Kirk was supposed to be the first to travel over to the other side during a transporter accident, if that isn't the case then it would mean that Burnhams actions on the Shenzou caused a new alternate timeline where personnel from both realities interacted ten years earlier.

Section 31 could have achieved it before and kept it quiet though.

Really need to see more episodes to say one way or the other.

3. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It could also be much like In a Mirror, Darkly, where we don't have any people transfer from universe to universe. After all with the spore drive thing it might be possible to bump into another universe during transit.

4. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't like the mirror universe beyond the novelty value of the TOS episode, but if there is a mirror universe episode, its possible that they might explore the causal link between the two. They're not separate universes, they're the same, but opposite.

The spore transit thing might play on that.

5. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

I think its incredibly clear that this is about Section 31.

Aside from how on-the-nose having "31" in the registry is you have black badges, a black alert, a captain who was called a "war monger" by one of his own crew, was responsible for the circumstances that brought Burnham aboard, and was able to make her a crew member despite her life sentence for mutiny.

It would also explain A LOT about why in the future there is no mention of this (covered up) and as such it could be done to explain away a whole host of things from how they behave contrary to starfleet principles to advance technology not privy to other federation ships.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, Section 31 kept the spore drive to themselves, and still use it exclusively for the next 200 years, even though it would assure a few Federation victories in the short term before all sides from all corners figure out the spore Drive and then Section 31 has nothing.

You should only assume the role of an adult, if you can dramatically overpower/outthink the children around.

7. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There are, of course, side effects to prolonged use of the spore drive...

Guy Gardener likes this.
  8. ralfy

ralfy Captain Captain

That would be interesting, and a storyline spread across a whole series.

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

As this question came up in another thread, here's my thought on the matter of being in the MU:

To the original question, nope. There has never been a single instance in the Mirror Universe, to my recollection anyway, where the standard Starfleet arrowhead was used as an insignia or in any other function. By Archer's time, the sword-through-the-planet logo became synonymous with the Imperial Starfleet and emblazoned on damn near everything with a rivet shot through it. No such heraldry is in evidence in DSC, nor are the Vulcans acting as the subservient race to the Terrans that they were in the MU. Definitely the Prime Standard Universe.

10. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vulcans were feared by humans by Kirks time(in the MU)

11. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Feared, yes, but the MU Federation equivalent was called the "Terran Empire", which would imply that humans were running the show top to bottom.

12. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You may be on to something. By the 24th century, S31 had personal, handheld, spore-powered, transwarp beaming devices. They fit right into your shirt pocket. That's how Sloan was able to get in and out of Bashir's room so easily. This might also solve how the "Batman trick" is accomplished.