A surviving Jeffrey Hunter?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by The Four Doctor, Oct 5, 2018.

1. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That or he needed a cash injection? :lol:
    JB

2. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks, and I didn't mean to imply that it ever was close to selling, but I can see how my post might've read that way. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, I've honestly never seen the fuss about Gary Seven. He's an awkward fit into the Star Trek Universe at best, and doesn't mesh with the TOS cast well at all. But most backdoor pilot episodes play pretty strangely, especially when the prospective series doesn't sell.

Shaka Zulu and Phaser Two like this.
  3. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

She tends to have a very unglamorous attitude about Hollywood in general. She doesn't really understand nerd or fan culture. Kind of a walking Get a Life sketch sort of attitude.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

True; Gary Lockwood has gone from saying his TOS appearance was "just one show" to embracing it on occasion, but there was a time when he was irritated with fans' interest in--what was for Lockwood--one guest appearance.

5. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

And let's not forget that being paid to shake hands and sign autographs as a great incentive to embrace fandom in your retirement. It's not always about seeing the light, but seeing a paycheck. :)

Harvey and Nerys Myk like this.
  6. johnnybear

All those hands to shake and germs to pick up I guess! No wonder they want money for it!!! :barf2:
    JB

Phaser Two likes this.
  7. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wllliam Wimdom is another actor who didn't think much of Star Trek, the main cast, or the atmosphere and relationship between the actors on the filming set.

8. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm. And yet Teri Garr essentially played the same character in Close Encounters and Oh, God! (and a very similar character, albeit with a German accent, in Young Frankenstein.)

9. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^
    But those are feature films with well known producers/directors. Not a TV show 'one off' gig. ;)

10. The Four Doctor

The Four Doctor Commander Red Shirt

Simpson Park, Mitcham, Melbourne, Australia
    Jeffrey Hunter was still called "Hank" by his family and childhood friends and teachers when they were in Trek retrospectives. Henry McKinnies Jr. being his birth name.

JonnyQuest037 and Phaser Two like this.
  11. johnnybear

I remember him being in a cameo as the climber on that windswept cliff in A Guide For The Married Man (1967) and apparently his full real name was Henry Herman McKinnies born in 1926! Now they kept the Herman bit quiet didn't they! :guffaw:
    JB

12. Miramanee

Miramanee Lieutenant Newbie

Imagine if they hadn't replaced him with Shatner. No movies with the original cast. You can't replace the captain with another actor

13. johnnybear

Babylon 5 did it and in the series too!
    JB

14. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

...or Jeff Hunter instead of Admiral Bob in ST:V.