3D interiors in Blender

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Rekkert, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Rekkert

Rekkert Fleet Captain Premium Member

The MSD is now finished! Once I started doing the circle thingies I realized the graphic on them is exactly the same, so that was easier than expected. Unless I'm missing something, I think the bridge is complete now.

[​IMG]

The Primeval, Atolm, lennier1 and 7 others like this.
  2. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

That's awesome!

3. Rekkert

@Atolm: Thanks! :)

While I'm still rendering out all the final renders for the Parallels bridge, I've been working on the Probert concept, fleshing out the aft and side stations. Still got to add the chairs, as you can see.

The keyboard area here is slightly extruded outward rather than inward as it is on the final bridge, to be a bit more accurate to the concept. I'm planning on adding more fabric padding on each side of the console banks.

Also, in case anyone hadn't noticed yet: THIS THING IS HUGE! :p

[​IMG]

4. TemporalBeard

TemporalBeard Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

That is an abundance of space! Could almost fit several engineering tables in that area.

How were you thinking of utilising the space?

Still, looks amazing!

Rekkert likes this.
  5. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm betting part of the reasoning for going this large was they could have the briefing room and a bunch of the 'Engineering' and 'Science' scenes play out in the back without extra sets.

The fact that the Observation Lounge on the back of the bridge was built into Sickbay kind of speaks to that last minute change (and cost savings) but they were even kicking around not having Engineering.

This really feels like a 'do it all' command center and I'm really digging it.

Rekkert likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Personsally I love the overabundance of space. I'm sure this would have made an amazing set to film for a widescreen movie. So many background stations to fill with extras! :)

Rekkert likes this.
  7. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Plenty of room to run in your socks and slide!! :rommie:

Rekkert likes this.
  8. Rekkert

@TemporalBeard: I still need to add the plants behind the sofa (that's a weird sentence to say regarding a starship bridge...), so it's not gonna be that much unused space.

@ashefivekay: I hadn't thought about it that way, but it makes a lot of sense.

@Michael: True, though bizarrely given the laid back design and attitude of early TNG, if this would've been filled with extras I can't help but imagine it more like a shopping mall full of civilians walking than with people in uniform manning the stations. :p

@valkyrie013: I can totally see them doing this in 'The Naked Now' of they'd had gone with this design. :lol:

Here are the finished renders for the Parallels bridge:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hate kiosk check-ins at hotels.

10. Henoch

Henoch Glowing Globe Premium Member

Bowling Alley.

Professor Moriarty likes this.
  11. Rekkert

Some of you might remember that earlier this year I started a commission for @The Librarian (the USS Stormcrow model) which I was unable to finish due to personal issues and stress I was going through at that time. Rather than taking in a refund for the unfinished commission, they suggested it would be easier if it would just be considered as part of the payment for the next commission requested. This weekend said commission materialized, and as it wasn't an extremely big one (and I don't like being in debt to people), I decided to tackle it this week.

The commission is the bridge of the Nebula-Class USS Zephyr, NCC-76720. The ship is post Dominion War, and the design of the room is a mix of my previous Galaxy-Class bridges, mixed in with some Voyager influence.

The railings on the side stations were extended further back, and translucent glass panels were added to them, similar in style to the Parallels horseshoe glass panel, which was also brought into the design. The horseshoe itself got the upgrades created for the Frontier bridge, but merging to the familiar shape of the TNG version at the edges.

The command chairs are in the usual TNG configuration, but are of the Ent-E design; while the regular console chairs are lifted from the TNG conference room, with the added Starfleet logo on the back. These chairs were also added to the aft looking consoles, and the tactical station.

Several key areas are still in progress. The aft alcoves will be completely replaced, while the LCARS still display the Galaxy silhouette rather than the Nebula on several elements. The orange alert status indicators will also probably go away; and the floors will also receive a new treatment, with new colors and maybe even a different material rather than carpet.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Nays

Nays Lieutenant Red Shirt

Wow that's lovely. I'm digging the color of the LCARS as well. Did you guys decide to invert the ceiling so that the dome is the main light source and the rest of it is windows?

13. MisterD

MisterD Commander Red Shirt

This is just to awesome. Do you make those LCARS yourself? I would really love to watch you do this. So many questions...

14. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

That’s some great lighting!

15. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fantastic Rekkert!

16. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

worf gets a seat! sweet! Looking nice!

17. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Beautiful work, @Rekkert! I agree with @Donny, this is some amazing lighting!

18. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

So this is a random question. I am starting to work on modeling the equinox bridge. I am having a problem figuring out how wide the Ent-E / Ent-A style consoles are. I've found set prints on the side view of the stations but struggling to find references on width.

How wide do you have you been modeling these stations if I may ask?

19. The Librarian

The Librarian Commodore Commodore

I'm really pleased with how the lighting turned out. I'm not a huge fan of the standard ceiling because of how big and white it was, and asked for a setup like the Buenos Aires. The resulting light setup was a happy surprised, we were afraid it might be too dark but I think it works pretty well so far, especially since center area with the least console lighting still has the most direct light from above.

Anyone have thoughts about the conn/ops chairs? I like these for all the side consoles, but I'm wondering if the classic TNG seats might still pair better with that style of forward console.

20. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I think the chairs are OK, though I think the ones from the Enterprise-E bridge would look better. The TNG-style conn/ops chairs would feel out of place, though.