3D interiors in Blender

OHHHHH NO U DI'UNT! :eek:
S8vv0u6.gif

:D

Thanks to all the comments!

Hahaha, sorry but the NX-01 stays there. ;)

@B.J. : The main issue is the available space. I modeled the exact amount of ships possible for the two corridors where they will go. I would love to add the CV-6, or even one of the earlier USS Enterprises, but they wouldn't fit and we would have to make the ships smaller, which isn't the idea.

Thanks to all the comments!

Hahaha, sorry but the NX-01 stays there. ;)

@B.J. : The main issue is the available space. I modeled the exact amount of ships possible for the two corridors where they will go. I would love to add the CV-6, or even one of the earlier USS Enterprises, but they wouldn't fit and we would have to make the ships smaller, which isn't the idea.

You could fit one more in if you just removed one teeny-weeny sniggly little ship that starts with an "N" and ends with an "X-01". :ouch:

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Don't make me remove all the ships except for the NX-01! :D

My work for Stage 9 continues. Our next update will bring in Shuttlebay 1 to the ship, so I've been working on a couple of shuttles, among several other things.

On the boxy side of the spectrum:
tadeo-d-oria-c2.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c3.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c1.jpg

On the curvy side of the spectrum:
tadeo-d-oria-c1.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c2.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c3.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c4.jpg

While I was at it, I also created a version with the early markings:
tadeo-d-oria-c1a.jpg
tadeo-d-oria-c2a.jpg

And here's how the shuttle will look like when parked and powered off:
tadeo-d-oria-c1b.jpg

Cool! Will you be able to open them up and climb in them? If so, will the Type 7 have the door in the nose?

Don't make me remove all the ships except for the NX-01! :D

My work for Stage 9 continues. Our next update will bring in Shuttlebay 1 to the ship, so I've been working on a couple of shuttles, among several other things.

On the boxy side of the spectrum:
tadeo-d-oria-c2.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c3.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c1.jpg

On the curvy side of the spectrum:
tadeo-d-oria-c1.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c2.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c3.jpg

tadeo-d-oria-c4.jpg

While I was at it, I also created a version with the early markings:
tadeo-d-oria-c1a.jpg
tadeo-d-oria-c2a.jpg

And here's how the shuttle will look like when parked and powered off:
tadeo-d-oria-c1b.jpg

Amazing!

@Rekkert, shouldn't the Type 7 shuttle transmogrify into its physical set version when it enters the shuttlebay? ;)
unnaturalselection141.jpg

HORRIBLE mockup! :(

@B.J.: Thanks! They won't include the interior for this version, but eventually they'll be there and the shuttles will be fully flyable and functional (like the Type-6 already is, I didn't work on it though). Indeed the Type-7 will open up from the front.

@Matthew Raymond: Thanks! Hahaha, I'm very tempted to model that thing just to troll people. :D

@Scribble: Thank you! :)

I haven't watched the entirety of Voyager, and, in fact, only saw the Delta Flyer in context for the first time this morning, but weren't there issues with the scale of the Delta Flyer and Voyager's shuttle bay?

@B.J.: Thanks! They won't include the interior for this version, but eventually they'll be there and the shuttles will be fully flyable and functional (like the Type-6 already is, I didn't work on it though). Indeed the Type-7 will open up from the front.

@Matthew Raymond: Thanks! Hahaha, I'm very tempted to model that thing just to troll people. :D

@Scribble: Thank you! :)

Maybe it could be an option like the different bridges. Just to be complete, you know.

I wanted to increase my canon bridge count, so here's what I started working on:

c1_01_by_rekkert-dbupa7a.png

I'm having a small issue with this bridge however...

According to the blueprints, the set had four structural supports at the ceiling:
22723610579_8f29a026c0_b.jpg

These were made as part of the set, painted and everything, they even show up on the episode
image.png

The problem is, they look awful once in...
entc_by_rekkert-dbupbct.png

So what do you think? Should I find a way to respect the original look of the set, or just discard these things and go for a more common looking ceiling?

I think those were there to have something there. In an earlier blueprint of the set, it featured the octogonal light fixture that you see when the set is dressed as data's lab or the battlebridge. I think it would be completely convincible to have that, or even the ceiling the set as as the S1 Battle bridge / twok bridge.

23102022962_c38e74fa1d_o_d.jpg

@batboy853 Yeah, they ended up building a modified version of that ceiling, so it is a possibility. I'm still undecided and I'll probably leave that area for last. :P

I've tweaked all the materials, I believe they're accurate now but feel free to correct me, the lighting of the damaged bridge makes it very hard to notice the colors. I've also added the black divisions between the graphics in the three square monitors above the aft stations. Just as in the real set, they're almost impossible to see. :P

c1_02_by_rekkert-dbv2r5c.png

@batboy853 Yeah, they ended up building a modified version of that ceiling, so it is a possibility. I'm still undecided and I'll probably leave that area for last. :P

I've tweaked all the materials, I believe they're accurate now but feel free to correct me, the lighting of the damaged bridge makes it very hard to notice the colors. I've also added the black divisions between the graphics in the three square monitors above the aft stations. Just as in the real set, they're almost impossible to see. :P

c1_02_by_rekkert-dbv2r5c.png

I think you got the materials spot on. The lighting feels very much like the Undiscovered Country levels of lighting too which I think helps the look quite a bit.

@ashefivekay Thank you! The lighting is using just the Zodiac ceiling piece by now, it'll be completely redone. I doubt it'll be much brighter though.

I've worked on the keyboards for the aft consoles. These are interesting because they remained unchanged from when the set was the Hathaway bridge, and that bridge was designed following the style of those in The Voyage Home. They were very different to all the latter stuff while still retaining some elements (like those circular graphics). The white borders were illuminated for example, while on latter stuff they weren't.

c5_01_by_rekkert-dbv8kem.png

Back