2024 book releases

Not to mention with three novels currently spread out over the first seven months of the year that probably means there's only going to be another two novels in 2024, with a small possibility of three. If it is just two novels, those will probably be Disco and SNW. If there is another it might be another TOS, unless we have another situation like that DS9 novel released a couple years ago where there's a well known author who wants to contribute a novel for their favorite series, and that series is TNG, DS9, Voyager or Enterprise.

T'Pau died in a novel. She came back in a different novel.

Or rather, she was still alive in a novel set in a different version of the continuity. It wasn't "coming back," because in that version, she'd never died. I think there was an in-joke "Didn't she die?" line in yet another book, but it was just a wink to the audience lampshading the discrepancy between the other two.

Last edited:
Spock died. He came back. (ST III)

T'Pau died in a novel. She came back in a different novel.

Jadzia Dax died in DS9. Dax came back in Ezri.

Janeway died in a novel. She came back in a different novel.

Trip died in ENT. He came back in a novel series.

To name only five. "No way back...?"
I have to give you some points here. Maybe five points! :techman:

Even if I do have doubts about how Jadzia was brought back. I really liked Ezri but as I see it, it would have been better if Jadzia hadn't been killed off. They could have made up something with Jadzia getting a post on the Enterprise and that Ezri was her sister.

But let's just hope that you are right when it comes to Garak.
That could change my opinion about the whole thing.

it was just a wink to the audience lampshading the discrepancy between the other two.

Yes, loved it! It was such a fun McCoyism.

Similarly, a few authors chose to ignore the resurrection of Kirk in the Shatnerverse books — and went out of their way to mention Kirk having died and staying dead.

There was also Ogawa’s husband, who was dead in some novels and supposedly alive in others. Their child was two different genders too.

Similarly, a few authors chose to ignore the resurrection of Kirk in the Shatnerverse books — and went out of their way to mention Kirk having died and staying dead.

That's not ignoring, it's just telling stories in a different continuity. Though the Shatnerverse occasionally borrowed elements from the main novelverse (while contradicting others), they were independent realities.

There was also Ogawa’s husband, who was dead in some novels and supposedly alive in others. Their child was two different genders too.

That one was simply a continuity error.

Christopher is writing original science fiction stories an ebook novella he has a collection of stories he mentioned on his face book page you can buy. I saw it listed on his page when I looked the other day to see if he was going to be writing a new Star Trek book.

I looked but I'm sorry no Star Trek Enterprise book news just reviews for Alien Nation rewatch.

It's the way tie-ins to ongoing series naturally work. The only reason the novels had so much freedom over the past two decades is because the series they tied into were over. You can't expect anything remotely like that for an ongoing series.
Art is very often defined by its constraints. Consider Roadrunner/Coyote cartoons: the Roadrunner never leaves the road, and the most aggressive action he is allowed to take is to stick his tongue out at the Coyote. There is no spoken dialogue. The Coyote is always hoist by his own petard. And those constraints have made for some of the most marvelous (and riotously funny) animated cartoon shorts ever produced.

Likewise, my Christmas(/Chanukah/Season's Greetings/whatever) cards are always laser prints of Spring vacation photographs in which there is visible snow, trimmed to 5x7 full-bleed. And the chapters in my work-in-progress novel always have titles, the titles always alliterate, they always include a musical term (the protagonist is, after all, a musician), and the musical term is never repeated.

I know there was some discussion about the comics being impacted by the purchase of the company or some such, but noticing that the March comics aren't popping up on Amazon yet and usually we get them listed two months in advance, similarly to the Marvel titles.

And we've had little to no "press" since the original announcement of Sons of Star Trek.

And we've had little to no "press" since the original announcement of Sons of Star Trek.

The editors have been active on Facebook comic book groups. Mark Martinez's site has been updated with "March 2024 solicits from IDW."

The "Lower Decks: Warp Your Own Way" interactive graphic novel is set for the USA fall.

Last edited:
Back