2020 titles announced

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by GaryH, Aug 1, 2019.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that the first trailer we've gotten for a Star Trek book? Book trailers have been for a while now, but I don't remember ever coming across a Star Trek one before.

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is the first time I've seen a video about Star Trek Novels. We used to have Star Trek book posters with the Star Trek casts From TOS and TNG in the library holding Books when I worked there.Has there been any news about a new December or January Star trek novel ?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Picard novel was scheduled for December but has since been removed for undisclosed reasons, but could possibly related to the fact the second season won't be meeting it's January premiere date on account of the season hasn't even begun filming because of that thing that's been going on in the world this year. Nothing's been announced for January.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I can't lie. That trailer made my day.

5. David Weller

David Weller Commander Red Shirt

6. The Gentleman

The Gentleman Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Usually the acronyms are pretty obvious, but this time I'm drawing a complete blank on both of those.

9. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Well, usually we get titles before the listings pop, so that helps. My knee-jerk suspicion is SHO is the Data/Lal novel David Mack has been teasing, so that might be a quote or other literary reference that's apt for Data's storyline. Guesses for TDV are coming easier to mind, but they're all stuff like, "The Deadly Visions." "Time's Dagger: Vengeance!" "To Dream Violently."

10. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

I mean, quite recently, David Mack said that he had ideas for Data/Lal but nothing had been contracted yet, so it's way too soon for that to be that book.

11. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Hm. Good point, I hadn't seen his latest posts about that. In that case, the TNG book could be the Cassandra Rose Clarke novel that was teased recently, focusing on Crusher and Troi. April seems pretty fast for something that was still being written in July, but I could just be still thinking in MMPB timelines. Isn't the turnaround for TPBs faster than in the old days?

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that all? I could have sworn he said he was currently writing it.

13. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

I have not yet started the manuscript for my next Star Trek novel, but its outline has been approved by editorial and licensing. Because the publisher has made no announcements, I cannot say more than that about the project.

14. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

As "SHO" is a TNG novel (according to the url), I am hoping the "S" stands for Spot. :D

15. casey

casey Commander Red Shirt

I think you are on to something:

Spot Helps Okuna.

Hasn't everyone been demanding a feline centric follow up to "The Outrageous Okuna" for decades now?

16. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad to hear you have another Star Trek novel in the pipeline at least.

And this sort of rules out one or two things about what the upcoming SHO and TDV could be (we know it won't be a David Mack novel and highly unlikely it will be a Data/Lal story).

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glad to hear it, even this tiny bit of news about a book you're writing is exciting.

18. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Well, we know what the first of these is, and have another one to boot:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclu...k-books-will-explore-legacy-female-characters

SHO is Shadows Have Offended, by Cassandra Rose Clarke, a TNG novel as stated, and focused on Troi and Dr. Crusher; it is standalone and set in TNG Season 7.

The second book announced in the article is a DS9 novel, by Alex R. White. Their novel, Revenant, will focus on Jadzia Dax and Kira.

These are the novels that were teased in a couple of the SDCC panels, as reported by 8of5 here.

Markonian likes this.
  19. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

"Title Deliberately Vague"

:lol:

20. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am sure it will be a suitable title for a great book, but part of me hopes that it stands for Trip Does Vegas.