2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

Yesterday, prior to the evening's game, this joke made rounds in Germany:

A German guy and a Dutch guy meet. The Dutch guy says "We are going to play against Argentina". The German guy replies "Yeah, us too." :rofl:

I was wondering if some people took a look at the statistics.
My son and me were watching the game last night and I said that if there was no goal in the first 20 minutes there probably isn't going to be one by the end of the regular 90 minutes.

This was my impression after watching the previous final games, on the other hand if one team scored during the first 20 minutes, such goal(s) seemed to decide the final outcome.

Bob

I'm kind of relieved Holland went out. I like them and I'll be supporting Germany in the final.

I just hope they can do to Argentina what they did to Brazil, or worse...

Sadly I doubt it will be quite that easy, although I still expect Germany to win.

They'd better do anyway!!

Speaking of gambling, apparently someone in New Zealand had $40 on Germany defeating Brazil 7-1. He's probably wishing he'd "wasted" a lot more than that. :lol:
Wow what odds did he get?
Turns out the article I saw that in wasn't quite right. According to this article, he bet only $2 at 250-1. Still, $500 is a nice return from $2. :D The other bloke mentioned in the article did nicely, though.

Today's game was...err..well, more what you'd expect from a World Cup semi-final, I suppose. Remarkably dull, though, considering the talent out on the pitch. I'm not unhappy with the result in that I'd rather see Messi - who hopefully will impose himself on the game - in a World Cup final than Robben flopping all over the place or de Jong kicking someone. Based on their respective performances (and allowing for how terrible Brazil were), Germany would have to be favourites.

Yeah I saw a news report of the bed/odds.

Surprised they weren't higher really given how rare such an occurance is in a WC semi!

WTF World Cup news:

Javier Mascherano reveals he 'tore his anus' in heroic match-saving tackle on Arjen Robben

Javier Mascherano has spoken of the pain he had to endure to help Argentina reach the World Cup final, revealing that he "tore his anus" while making the heroic match-saving tackle on Arjen Robben in the final minute of the semi-final victory over the Netherlands.

Describing the perfectly-timed tackle on the flying Dutchman, Mascherano said: "I thought I had slipped, I thought I wouldn’t make it, but I tore my anus on that move, the pain...it was terrible.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...tchsaving-tackle-on-arjen-robben-9599527.html

The 3rd & 4th game must be the most utterly pointless football match in existence (other than boosting FIFA's coffers, of course, which as we all know is ever so important). Holland will probably win it but it'd be nice to see Brazil take something positive away from what's basically been a disaster.

I'd like to see Messi lift the trophy (if only to stop the endless dreary rambling about the deified cheat), but he's looked absolutely knackered in Argentina's last couple of games. Hard to see anything other than a German win but one can hope.

That referee has some strange football rulebook. That should have been either a red card and a free kick or a red card and a penalty, depending on where he saw the foul.
A yellow and a penalty is ... a new one.
From my view should have been a free kick.

That referee has some strange football rulebook. That should have been either a red card and a free kick
I'm a bit unsure about that rule but Isn't it only a red card if the player commiting the foul is last man? Cesar was still in front of Robben when Silva fouled.

That referee has some strange football rulebook. That should have been either a red card and a free kick or a red card and a penalty, depending on where he saw the foul.
A yellow and a penalty is ... a new one.
From my view should have been a free kick.

I agree. The foul seemed to me to be just outside the box so I don't see how it was a penalty kick.

Regardless, I've never seen Brazil play so poorly. It is rather sad and pathetic.

That referee has some strange football rulebook. That should have been either a red card and a free kick
I'm a bit unsure about that rule but Isn't it only a red card if the player commiting the foul is last man? Cesar was still in front of Robben when Silva fouled.
Silva was the last field player and prevented a goal chance with a foul, that is per definition a red card. No clue why he got a yellow for it.

really?!?! I can't believe the referee gave a yellow to the Brazilian player when clearly he was fouled against. This referee is either blind or was paid to help Netherlands win.

Back