‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is this what you were talking about?
    I'm honestly not quite sure what to make of this. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but this is not what I expected/wanted. The Wayne/Luthor stuff sounds good, it's just the back story which gets a :crazy: from me.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah that's it (I was posting last night on my phone and it gets complicated trying to have a few pages open and links going at once).

Not sure about the back story myself but it's all in the execution. And don't forget that while Latino Review is usually pretty reliable, this could all be re-written by Chris Terrio, assuming that it was in the original draft to begin with.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't know if that's remotely true, but it sounds interesting.

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Some comments from costume designer Michael Wilkinson in answer to questions from The Wrap:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LUgLIv4BW08[/yt]

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Good interview. He doesn't say much but he seems to know what he's doing. I like his response to the question... "Do you think it's realistic that she'd be fighting crime in what we've typically seen her in?"

6. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

I saw this and just had to share.

7. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for a good laugh.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Heh, as if Bale gives a flying fart (He collected his cash and moved on). :guffaw:

If Bale had wanted to "protect" the Franchise, I imagine he could've easily had the part (Why wouldn't WB want to include The Dark Knight Trilogy in the Universe the Current Superman Movies are building?)

Affleck is a year and a half older than Bale, so Bale certainly isn't out of the age range, looking good at 40, compared to Affleck looking just as good at 41 and 1/2.

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ I agree. If anything (And that's assuming that they're talking about Batman at all), Bale is telling Affleck to ignore what the rabid fans say and just do his own thing.

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Zack Snyder answered some questions about the movie from Hero Complex here.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

All the hate directed at TDKR?

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

^^^
    There was some noisy hate from a segment of online fandom, but reaction from critics and the general public was much more positive. If Bale had agreed to do so, I have no doubt WB would have continued with him in the role and tied his Batman into a shared universe with Man of Steel.

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

GAH???? .03% or whatever fraction of the Multi-Billion Dollar Audience for the Trilogy? You can't be serious?:wtf:

So many other Franchises have strode forward with a lesser starting point (and less success by the end of a trilogy and beyond) :confused:

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TDKR had its issues, but I don't think anyone outright hated the film. It was just ... messy. That's not going to ruin the goodwill created by the first two brilliant films.

15. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Oscar's Hero Montage

Strangely there is A LOT of MOS in this video. They even use Russell Crowe's speech as Jor-El in it. Strange indeed. Is WB trying to keep MOS in the public's mind or are they trying rebrand MOS image that has audiences and critics divided?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RB7ZEIlY1Xw[/yt]

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I find the lack of Chris Reeve in that strangely upsetting.

17. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Which would have been a disastrous idea, seeing how Nolan's Batman movies were more or less grounded in reality and had a serious, mature tone, while Man of Steel was an infantile fantasy cheesefest. Oil and water.

ditto

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a big fan of MOS, but I have to agree it was hugely disappointing not to see Reeve's Superman in there as well. Especially with all the other freakin superheroes they managed to fit in.

Although to be fair they also ignored Keaton's Batman.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Before coming back from commericals after the superhero montage they did a five second snip of John Williams "Superman" theme

Whoopie

:rolleyes:

20. Levi

Levi Commander Red Shirt

Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, Earth/Sol
    Don't know how I feel about this. I believe it was already mentioned, but I've never liked the Superman/Batman pair. Why would Superman need Batman's help? And I don't think they even exists in the same universe, do they? I always thought that pairing up seemed kinda off IMO.
    I suppose at the very least however, the movie could be cool to see on a big HDTV. MoS was a very visually pleasing movie. I could see the same being for this new one as well. But unless they come up with some amazing way to bring the two together I don't think I could enjoy the movie with that gnawing away at the back of my head lol.