‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

At best Thor is Kal-El raised on Krypton by Jor-El. IOW, a bore.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the Thor films were pretty boring.

4. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Meh, lookslike they're going back to a Tim Burton-ish batmobile. Over stylized. I prefer something thats more function over form.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually it kinda reminds me more of the Tumbler so far.

Odds are it'll be some kind of hybrid between the Tumbler and the Burton Batmobile, which I'm perfectly fine with.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Ugh, where's the logic in the Batmobile being a tank? That was a specific conceit for The Dark Knight Returns, fitting the dystopian future that story took place in.

If anything, the Batmobile should be more like the Green Hornet's Black Beauty, a car that can blend in with normal traffic and doesn't draw too much attention to itself, while having mostly concealed gadgetry to be deployed when necessary. Where's the sense in driving to and from your secret crimefighting headquarters in the most conspicuous and easily tailed vehicle on the road?

Although, of course, there is only one true Batmobile:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...653062.-2207520000.1399916988.&type=3&theater

8. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a film featuring a flying alien god who shots lasers out of his eyes - I'm more on the "does it look fucking awesome?" side of Bat-mobile design and not really interested if it is realistic or not.

Looks like from the tweet, we will see an unveil tomorrow.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I don't think this scene would have as much weight to it

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnVl_TXhoZs[/YT]

If Batman were driving a slightly modified lincoln

10. Christopher

The Tumbler does not look awesome, it looks cumbersome and ugly. And the Anton Furst Batmobile never did much for me either. An awesome Batmobile would be either the one in my link above or the B:TAS version.

11. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hm, I thought it looked awesome, and more capable of doing all the weird shit a Batmobile does then most other designs. Stylewise, yeah, the '66 version of the Batmobile is awesome, as is the one from Burton's movie.

But when it comes to practicallity, the Tumbler can take some abuse. And that's what I'd like to have when I'm taking on crime.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well the BTAS was basically just a cartoonified version of the Burton Batmobile (which in my mind wasn't nearly as cool as the movie version).

I do agree about the Tumbler though. It was certainly a big and intimidating design, but ultimately there was just never enough "Batman" in it for my taste. And simply being painted black was not enough to do it.

13. Christopher

Oh, not at all! They're completely different, aside from maybe the elongated body and the "cockpit"-style passenger compartment. The Furst Batmobile is all curves and circles and aggressively downturned angles, with that jet-engine thing in the front and the stylized batwing fins on the back. But the Shayne Poindexter (TAS) Batmobile is much more linear and boxy, with a strong 1940s influence to the elongated front portion, and certainly without the Furstmobile's trademark jet intake.

Basically, the Furst Batmobile looks like a race car designed by a bat fetishist, while the Poindexter Batmobile looks like a '40s limousine designed by a rocket scientist.

Although the replacement Batmobile from The New Batman Adventures did have similar lines to the Furst version, more curvilinear and streamlined than its predecessor.

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always thought the TBAS Batmobile was best, followed by the Burton version. The Tumbler never felt like a Batmoblie to me. If I'd just seen it without knowing who owned it, and you asked me what I thought the Tumbler was, I never would have guessed Batmobile, regardless of its paint job. This new one looks like it might be a mix of Burton's style and the Tumbler. It could be cool, I'll reserve judgement until I can fully see it. If nothing else, I'm sure it will be an improvement on the Tumbler.

15. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I didn't like the Tumbler when I first saw it but I really grew to like it. I also really liked the Burton Batmobile.

I don't mind the idea of a more subtle Batmobile that can blend into traffic, but at the end of the day I think the movie will want something that has a little more of a visual pop to it.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

OK, who are you and what are you doing with Kirk55555's account?

:lol:

17. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I've always disliked the silly and gaudy Batmobiles, the animated and 60's versions included. Batman should be sporting something more like a Bond vehicle or, as previously referenced, the Green Hornet. Heavily armored, filled with gadgets, non-lethal weapons, and intimidation tools, but otherwise easily concealable if/when necessary. Which, honestly, would be the vast majority of the time.

Throw the tradition of past Batmobiles out the window for a moment. Would Batman, a character who's all about hiding, sneaking, and detective work, really drive around town in any of those vehicles? It just doesn't fit the character. At all.

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Have we ever seen much in the way of Detective work in the films? There is a bit in the first one with the chemicals but otherwise I'm trying a blank

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Besides, it's horses for courses. He sneaks about quietly and ninja-like in the shadows when he needs to. When he's in the car, he needs speed, possibly some weaponry and armour. A Prius won't cut it.

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is a man who runs around dressed as a bat and leaves his mouth exposed. He really isn't subtle and practical. :)