What Size Bed…

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Sep 16, 2014.

?

Your Bed Size

1. Twin

9.7%
  2. Full

12.9%
  3. Queen

61.3%
  4. King

16.1%
  5. California King

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Where do you sleep?

Just in case anyone was wondering, two similar threads were merged. Below's the OP from the newer thread that goes with the poll above, and RoJo's post below that is from the older thread.

=================================================

=================================================

Possibly a weird question. Where do I sleep? My bed, of course!

Actually, no. While I certainly have a bed, I find that I have an almost impossible time sleeping there. Even if I'm utterly exhausted, as soon as I get in my bed, I find myself tossing and turning. I can't get comfortable. I'm too hot with the covers on, too cold with them off. Even when I eventually do fall asleep, I constantly wake up throughout the night.

However, when I sleep in my recliner in the living room, I can dose off very easily, and I stay asleep for hours. I require significantly less sleep in my recliner because the sleep I'm getting is deeper and more restful.

I always used to think my parents were weird in this regard. Happily married for 30 years, but they never sleep in their bed. My dad sleeps in his recliner in the basement, and my mom sleeps on the couch in the living room. Now I'm getting older and I find myself doing the exact same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Re: Where do you sleep?

Ah, genetic weirdness...

3. think

think About it! Premium Member

sometimes the bed is too soft.., I move to the floor but due to the fact that the neighbors with the cats have moved mice are about a little bit more... I would catch a mouse for a pet but well either way on the floor or in the cage the mouse might bite so ... I am nervous about floor sleeping and such.. also I move between the sofa and the bed back and forth to find the perfect dream.. ,,, you know the one you don't wake up from... anyway.. sofa bed or the recliner part of the sofa when sitting is nice or the leather recliner in the bedroom next to the bed thought sitting sleep does not happen often.. I guess. good question .

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I've found who they need to market the Craftmatic Adjustable Beds to!

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps you need a new mattress.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Perhaps.

I doubt it. I have this problem in all beds, but give me a recliner and I'll pass right out.

7. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I sleep hanging upside-down from the ceiling like a bat.

Actually, although I have a perfectly comfortable bed, I find myself sleeping on the floor a lot, next to the window and electric fan. It's a lot cooler to sleep there when the weather's hot.

One place I've never been able to sleep is on an airline flight. It's not so much the semi-reclining position of the seat, it's being surrounded by 300 strangers in very tight quarters.

8. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I get most of my sleep in my recliner since its better for my back than my bed. That, and my wife and I are both fearsome snorers.

9. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

[Rainier Wolfcastle] A top a pile of money with many beautiful ladies.[/Rainier Wolfcastle]

[​IMG]

In bed, to answer the question. Usually under like three comforters.

10. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I can only sleep stretched out and completely flat except for a pillow, so I pretty much have to sleep in a bed. I sometimes find one of my kids sleeping on the couch in the lounge when I come down in the morning. My daughter does so when she can't fall asleep in her bed (she's been cursed with my insomnia), and in the summer my son's attic bedroom can be too hot to be comfortable, so he moves downstairs. It's not a regular occurrence, though. My husband, on the other hand, is one of those annoying people who can fall asleep anywhere in under three minutes.

11. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most of my four hours a night is gotten in a bed, not often in one chunk though. I haven't noticed any advantage to attempting it anywhere else.

I really don't feel it affects me though, I don't feel tired in the day despite hardly ever sleeping.

12. think

think About it! Premium Member

not a weird question ,,, I had a dr ask How do I sleep.. since it was back in 1989 and I had massive amounts of crystal - methamphetamine in my system that sleep was strange ,,, that I could sleep at all. so

Dr. How do you sleep,..???????
    Patient good I guess...
    Dr. no,! How do you sleep,..???
    Patient Aaaa, with one knee pulled up on my stomach you know my head to the right side, sorta like this..
    Dr,.. aaa yeah the one knee up.. ,, OK.

I was so high I did not know the question was related to what I had been doing since I had done lots of crack and then 'they' the friend giving me that switched to Ice and well later was when I found out..yeah 89 was my final toke.. but

I should not of been sleeping at all as I was awake for about 2-3 weeks before I was put in a hospital..when they caught up to me.. but well my memory is poor from that time ,, I remember getting about twenty does of major tranquilizers in like a span of fifteen hours and they had no effect..

ahhh mood points

anyway maybe a thread asking How a person sleeps might be useful? or not.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  13. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Sleep? What the hell is that?
    Anyway, what sleep I do get is on a single bed. Like macloudt, I have to stretch out, or I will stay awake.

14. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

It used to be a double bed. Now it is a single bed.

15. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I am one of those, too. :D

It's actually kind of embarrassing because if I sit down for a few minutes without doing anything, I will often fall asleep. As long as I'm doing something (reading, watching tv, writing, talking, etc.) I can stay awake with no problem. But if I stop for a while and close my eyes... BAM! I'm in Morpheus' realm.

16. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

On a Sleep Number mattress. :adore:

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always sleep in my bed unless it's raining, in which case the raindrops go THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! outside my bedroom window so then I sleep downstairs on the couch.

18. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I sleep like a fucking baby on my queen-sized memory foam bed. Positions vary but usually on my side or my back. Never on my stomach--never found that comfortable.

19. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Sometimes the bed and sometimes the couch.

20. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

My husband has a bad hip and often finds the recliner much more comfortable than the bed. I can sleep very nearly anywhere, anytime upon any piece of furniture or even the floor if so inclined.