What Size Bed…

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Sep 16, 2014.

?

Your Bed Size

1. Twin

9.7%
  2. Full

12.9%
  3. Queen

61.3%
  4. King

16.1%
  5. California King

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Where do you sleep?

Dorf was a Tim Conway character. He'd kneel or stand on holes and strap shoes to his knees. It's sort of a play on the word "dwarf."

[​IMG]

2. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Oh. Never heard of the character (thankfully?). And the worldplay would escape me because I always pronounce every letter of a word. So dwarf is more like "duahrrrf" for me. My accent is awful. :lol:

3. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I am the only human who uses my queen size bed. Each night I share my bed with either one or two cats. Even if it is only the one cat he can somehow manage to crowd me and take up more room than me, if it is the two cats they usually decides that a queen-size bed isn't big enough for the both of them and start swatting each other.

4. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

You are missing nothing of any worth. I was initially pretty miffed that he alludes to me that way. Oh well. He's got 50 more years with me so he'll get used to it!

Our eight lb cat often ends up smack in the middle of our queen, with hubs and I book-ending around him!

5. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

With rodents for pets you usually have less of a prob. Though I do recall that one morning I woke up to find my hamster snoring peacefully in my teddy bear's lap.

6. Amaris

Amaris Guest

:luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If I'm tired, I can probably sleep anywhere. It's mostly in a bed but there is also a sofa, chair, in the car during my work break (Which I set the alarm so I don't oversleep).

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You obviously haven't played enough MMOs in a fantasy setting. You can hand me your geek card on your way out. :p

9. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Good sir, I'll have you know I have been playing pencil&paper role playing games since I was a young schoolboy and we were playing with D&D's famed red box. My geek cred stands untarnished. :klingon:

I still have an awful accent, tho. :o

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Your geek cred is indeed unquestionable. In fact, I think I might have to hand in my own card as I've never actually played pen&paper D&D :o

I listen to Nerd Poker religiously, though. I wish I had a local group like that.

11. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston

Something like this?

http://www.trailercodes.com/tv/vikings--rites-of-passage/lagertha-fights-off-intruders

Kids, today. Oh, the pain.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, pretty much, metaphorically speaking of course. Then again, I wouldn't advise anyone to try and approach her like that in a non-metaphorical sense either :lol:
    I know, it's horrible. My first contact with D&D was Baldur's Gate. It's shameful, is what it is.

13. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston

Mine was the original old white box set in '74 at a game store in Newburyport called 'Toy Soldier' on Unicorn St., a perfect place for a young nerd. Toys, models, comics, games, a wonderful place now moved to Amesbury.

14. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ditto, except that I cannot sleep on my back, due to COPD and sleep apnea. I love my iComfort queen mattress. Before said mattress, I often went to my recliner for a good night's sleep.

Reminds me of trying to have sex with my ex. Of course, she was getting hers with my best friend. :cardie:

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is so cute, it makes MLP look like Rammstein.

*dies*

16. rhubarbodendron

LOL the sequel was not quite that cute: she woke up with a start when I stirred, and - still half asleep - jumped into my face, bit me in the nose and dove behind the bed. :D

(I was forewarned though: the vet I got her from had named her Ninja. She had gotten left behind when a family moved and when weeks later the new tenants moved in they discovered the half-dead hamster and brought it to the nearest vet. As after this ordeal the poor little chap bit like crazy, the vet - who dared touching her only with padded gloves - called me since I specialize in rodents with behavioural probs or severe disabilities. After a few months she relaxed and became quite friendly. She only bit my dad once but he smelled of pizza, so we both considered it an error rather than a deliberate attack.)

As for beds and sleeping positions: I love a hard mattrass and sleep half on my side, half on my belly. It's quite comfortable.
    And I always sleep with my mp3 player on, with an audiobook. Usually it's a novel or crime mystery. Atm it's Edgar Wallace. I fall asleep easily but have trouble sleeping through. With a calm and pleasant voice telling me stories I still wake up 2 or 3 times a night but usually fall asleep again within seconds. It's kinda like having your grandpa telling you a bedtime story :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  17. Mr. Laser Beam

As far as sleep positions go: I always sleep on my back. I usually *wake up* on my stomach, but I can't start out that way.

This sentence takes on a WHOLE new meaning if everyone involved is human. :lol: :evil:

18. rhubarbodendron

argh! English is so full of double meanings that no foreigner can escape its traps. I'm tempted to look the subtext up in the urban dictionary but I think it might be better for my mental health not to..

19. SB118_Laxyn

SB118_Laxyn Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Always in my bed. I am one boring person LOL - though a few days ago I almost fell asleep in my chair at my PC but I cannot sleep sitting and have no recliner, otherwise I might sleep in that at times ;)

20. Mr. Laser Beam

I do apologize for my puerile humor, I meant no offense. :alienblush:

Your English is excellent, BTW, I keep forgetting you aren't a native speaker of it.