What Size Bed…

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Sep 16, 2014.

?

Your Bed Size

1. Twin

9.7%
  2. Full

12.9%
  3. Queen

61.3%
  4. King

16.1%
  5. California King

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Where do you sleep?

Sounds like the solution is simple: chuck your bed and buy a recliner for your bedroom.

I'm the opposite. My recliner is fine for the occasional twenty minute (or so) nap, but for a night's sleep, I need my bed.

2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I can't sleep on my back. It always feels like I've just been shipwrecked and am now laying on the beach, face up, wondering what the hell just happened.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or in your case, 'Friday night'. :devil: ;)

4. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list

While I have no problem usually in getting to sleep in the bed, I find that I will often fall asleep about 0.4 seconds after sitting in my LaZBoy. I do this often enough that most nights, I wake up about 2 or 3 am and move to the bed.

When i do have trouble sleeping in the bed, I will go out and sleep on the couch or in the recliner.

I'm curious as to where that saying got started, since babies usually wake up every two to three hours for a year or so.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

On a carpeted concrete floor, no mattress. The couch and loveseat aren't that comfortable.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

We sleep in our bed. That mattress was fucking expensive, so we better make sure to use it :lol:

The sofa's okay-ish, but you can't lie stretched out all the way (except you're a short person which we both aren't) and it's not too great for the back.

7. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

One of the few perks of being a short-arse is that I can stretch basically everywhere. And our couch is huge. :D

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Oh, I envy you short ones sometimes. ;)

Our couch is pretty big as well, it's just that the fiancé is 5'9'' and I'm 6'3'' :lol:

9. iguana_tonante

Don't talk Anglo measures with me, young man. Where's your metric pride? :klingon:

10. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Pillow-topped queen size mattress with a feather bed on it.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You're right as always. She's 1.81 and I'm 1.93 metres ;)

12. iguana_tonante

Bloody Vikings. :scream:

;)

13. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Bed only, plus bedroom door must be closed all the way, and the window open, even in winter.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The fiancé would have made a great Viking. Not because of the whole blond hair/blue eyes deal, but because her wrath can be terrifying ;)

15. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It's not about how long babies sleep or that they wake up every few hours wanting to be fed or changed. It's about how they sleep unencumbered by the anxiety, guilt, shame, fear, or responsibility felt by many adults. That's why some people say they "slept like a baby" after doing something others might consider wrong. It's showing that they do not feel guilt over their actions. Likewise if someone sleeps without worry or fear they might say the same thing.

I have one of those powered three-point adjustable hospital beds in my room where you can raise the legs, raise the head, or raise the height of the entire bed. It gives you the benefits of a recliner when you want to read or watch TV or use your laptop. It also has a memory foam mattress. It's very comfortable, but also very expensive, even with most of the cost being covered. But I need it.

16. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

The way our lounge is set up we can't fit in a 3-seater so we have two 2-seaters, which are too short for me to stretch out my meagre 156cm. I can never sleep on my back, only on my sides or, more often, on my stomach. After every one of my babies was born it was such a relief to be able to sleep on my stomach again.

17. iguana_tonante

We have a 3-seater, but actually the thing is so big (or we are so small, I guess :lol: ) we can fit 4 people in it. 5 if they squeeze in.

18. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I prefer to sleep in a bed. My sofa is a it too short to comfortably sleep on it.
    I used to sleep on the ground a lot when I was a kid and we'd go camping. I rather miss it. I might go on a camping vacation with my little nieces and nephews one day to introduce them to the pleasures of having ants eating your breakfast and hedgehogs crawling into your sleeping bags at midnight, heehee =)

19. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

1.52m/5ft. My feet don't reach the floor if my tushie is snugged into the seat of all our furniture. Hubs is 6,3"/1.85m and calls me "Dorff."

20. iguana_tonante

Uh, I am afraid the joke/wordplay eludes me... :o