Zack Snyder will direct SUPERMAN

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 4, 2010.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The dude who played the werewolf on True Blood looks like he's got the right look and physique for it.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Joe Manganiello is another possibility from True Blood. He's openly lobbied for the part.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like they're going to go for someone fairly unknown. I don't watch either of those shows but know some of the actors on them, interesting.

4. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bean looks nothing like Routh - and he stands about one inch taller than 5'6" Rose Byrne. Pic

I call foul on that rumor.

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

This may have been mentioned already, but another rumor is that Armie Hammer is in the mix. He was going to play Batman in George Miller's Justice League: Mortal. He's 6' 5", 24 years old, and just got a boost from his part in The Social Network.

6. Admiral_Young

So many rumors...

7. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

As we're talking about muscle and height, a question:

Why does super man need to LOOK muscular? His powers derive from a Yellow Sun. He doesn't have to work out.

He could be chubby and wouldn't he still be super strong?

8. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Otherwise, Bean would be a dreadful choice. He would make Brandon Routh's harshest critics forget what they were bellyaching about.

9. Lapis Exilis

In the earliest comics, Superman did look like a regular guy - it was part of the whole, "I may seem nerdy but really I'm ... SUPERMAN!" schtick. It's only in the last 25 years that comics have become enamoured of the whole grossly steroidal look.

It was actually one of the things I liked about Routh - he was muscular without being overly built. He was young without looking childish, and he was actually handsome, as opposed to Chris Reeve who had about two good angles and who could look quite odd when shot from others.

10. Admiral_Young

Ed McGusiness's Superman is overly muscled. I think Gary Frank and Pete Woods Christopher Reeve based Superman has been the best looking model. Curt Swan I don't think drew a particularly muscled Supes either.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

It would never happen, I know, but I think it would be hilarious if one day, Superman is just a potbellied guy, balding, and can still lift cars and fly. People like him, but don't LOVE him because he's not super good looking.

Perhaps an Elseworld (is that what DC does, their version of What if? Can't remember)

And on with the thread...

12. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Come to think of it, Bizarro should look like that. If he's the opposite of Superman, why is he still muscular? He's already ugly, why not go one step further?

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

George Reeve was a burly type.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://io9.com/5656572/20-ways-zack-snyders-superman-can-avoid-becoming-a-superdisaster

20 ways Zack Snyder's Superman can avoid becoming a superdisaster

I like this one...

Keep the theme. :bolian:

15. Lapis Exilis

Not a bad list really.

Don't "keep the theme" in any strict sense - but incorporate its main motif into a new score of similar scope.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I absolutely agree with all 20 items on that list :)

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I really wish that Batman movies had all kept using the iconic Danny Elfman Batman theme after the first two movie. Every Batman theme that had been done the later on has been completely unmemorable in comparison.

18. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. Admiral_Young

Yeah I don't think a Lois and Clark love scene would destroy a Superman film, it didn't hurt "Superman II" (even though it was mostly a PG love scene). As for John Williams theme song, I like what John Ottman did with it. As iconic as it is I think if you really want to separate yourself from the Donner films (like so many fans want it seems) then do everything new (like Hans Zimmer and his partner whose name escapes me for some reason) including the score. It'd be interested in hearing a new theme for Superman.

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This will be Chris Nolan's Superman. Snyder may make the action scenes comprehensible, something beyond Chris Nolan, but the writer is the main creator.