your ideal date

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Riker'sMailbox, Jul 26, 2018.

1. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

In America finding the perfect date might work best between September and March. They'll be harvested most recently and fresh. Otherwise you might have to go with dried dates.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

My wife and I have been married for twenty-five years. We're both homebodies, so a nice dinner, something to drink and a bad movie is usually the best way to spend time together.

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    My first date with my wife of 20+ years involved a bunch of Korean shamans (mudang) and a tomb out at sea and breakfast bought off some local fisherman and cooked on the beach. Sense and sensibility is a performance art.

4. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The wife and I arrive in DC. Minutes later, the entire Republican leadership, from the top down to the most Junior Representative, have been annihilated, their remains displayed on pikes as a warning to others.

By the time several hours have passed, the government and military offices of Moscow, Tehran, and Pyongyang are smoking ruins.

We make love in high orbit, then return to Earth, hailed as its new Omnipotent Imperial Masters.

5. TrickyDickie

TrickyDickie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wife and I met online, I drove across a couple of states to meet her, we went to a local shop for a heart-shaped pizza, got engaged the same night, and it has been 13+ great years since. :luvlove:

http://u.cubeupload.com/USS_Vengeance/Pizza.png

Image was taking too long to load, so IMG tags removed by mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
    Timewalker and Steven P Bastien like this.
  6. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

... just having a guy ask me out for a change instead of me having to make the first move , as with every other previous guy in my life. and I'm the one who's like 90% introverted. Sheesh.

7. JKM

JKM Commander Red Shirt

I'm with you...but since I've never asked a guy out, well, I'm not going to admit how many that makes at my age that I've actually gone out with. :rommie: Ah well, at least I'm extremely independent.

8. Riker'sMailbox

Riker'sMailbox Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Guys love when girls make the first move! Do it! If they say no, they say no. My mama gave me two rather folksy rules when it came to dating:
    1) If you wear a low cut top, wear pants or a long skirt; if you wear a short skirt, cover up your top. Never have both a low cut top and a short skirt.
    2) Ask out a guy if it feels right.

I didn't ask out my husband, per se. But, the night we met, I was at a bar with my girlfriends toasting to the fact that I was newly single. He approached me and asked if I wanted a drink. I declined, since I was just out of a long term relationship, but I watched him the rest of the night and he had a nice way about him. Totally not my physical type, at all, but there was something... I went up to him when I left and gave him my number and told him I was free for drinks the following Friday and walked away.

9. JKM

JKM Commander Red Shirt

He may love it, but I would hate it and probably not be able to do it. I'm just really old fashioned I guess? Maybe if I got to know him while hanging out with friends first, but not just a perfect stranger. I always wear pants day to day usually for two reasons, one I'm always cold and two I hate showing my legs, I could also add #3 bc I work in IT and I'm often crawling under desk as part of my job. I dunno why, but I always tell my friends, just take a pic if you see me in a skirt bc it doesn't happen often and if I do wear one it almost always goes all the way to the floor.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

People still date? Good. I've been without a social life for so long that I've forgotten what it's like. :lol:

srsly, I would take my first dates to a baseball game. It's a nice outdoor activity with lots of people around so we could just hang out and see if we like each other and not feel the pressure of being alone. If she and I do click, subsequent dates can always be more intimate. A big public event like this is, IMHO, a good first date. Test the waters, as it were.

Plus, since I love baseball, it might give us something to talk about! :techman:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Qonundrum and Riker'sMailbox like this.
  11. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

While movies, shows, sporting events and the like are very fun, they don't provide much opportunity for conversation. So I think there should be dinner or perhaps a relaxed session of moderate beverage intake before and/or after said event.

I think "show, don't tell" is more effective. Much of the time I stick to a particular fitness-based meal plan because it works for me personally. I simply eat a certain way even when I'm with others, and I may simply say "I don't eat a lot of such-and-such" if someone is very insistent on offering me something that isn't on my meal plan. But I don't sit there at the dinner table making a big, huge deal about it and going on and on ad nauseum about how it's the best thing in the world and they should all do exactly the same. They can already see that I'm among the fittest in the group; they don't need me to tell them so. If they have any particular questions, then I'm glad to provide brief explanation. But I'm reluctant to make any suggestions for anybody else even if they specifically ask for advice, since in my experience nobody ever sticks to it anyway. :shrug:

Kor

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Qonundrum likes this.