Your favorite Enterprise scenes??

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by luckysurfer, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

You're analysis is very similar to one I gave a couple years ago. He had a wide range of knowledge and skills. Maybe "death wish" was a misnomer...I didn't mean that he literally wanted to die...but He seemed to tske self sacrifice to an extreme. And he started out that way. Whereas Hoshi began as a more timid, fearful, uncertain person.

It always confuses me as to why Malcolm was only a lieutenant. It seemed to me he should've been at least a lieutenant commander .

2. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Ensign Ellora Dannan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Not sure but I believe he was referred to at one time as Lt. Cmdr. Which is why he was able to command the Bridge at times. Maybe he was "busted" down to Lt. after Archer discovered his connection with Section 31???

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, Malcolm was always a Lieutenant by rank.

In case you're wondering why Malcolm (a LT) appeared to outrank Hayes (a MACO Major), this is because Malcolm is chief of security and tactical officer. Thus, all MACOS - even Hayes - report to him. So Hayes may outrank Malcolm by one grade (a naval Lieutenant is equivalent to a MACO/Marine Captain) but is still subordinate to him.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Willow likes this.
  4. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

I do remember a very early interview with Dominic Keating. During the first season, and possibly before the premiere, in which his character was identified as "Lt Cmdr Malcolm Reed" . So, possibly, they intended for him to be that rank, but settled on LT.

And he was a senior LT and I believe was referenced as a member of the "senior staff".

5. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair, Ensign Kim was a member of the senior staff.

Willow likes this.
  6. Mr. Laser Beam

They also considered making Malcolm a Major in the (little known and less understood ;) ) Starfleet Marine Corps.

This is why the Mirror Universe version of Malcolm is a MACO, a shout-out to what the regular version was originally going to be.

Willow likes this.
  7. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Now that you mentioned it I think I saw that interview on YouTube.

Willow likes this.
  8. Borg King

Borg King Ensign Red Shirt

My favourite scene from ENT is in the Romulan three parter in season 4 seeing Archer bring together the Andorians, Tellarites and Vulcans to fight the Romulans plus Shran and the Tellarite ambassador trading insults (that was hilarious) in the same story. Them episodes were a prime example of what the show was heading for and what Season 5 would've been like

Willow likes this.
  9. Mr. Laser Beam

I've heard talk that if there had been a fifth season, Shran would have joined the NX-01 crew. I wonder what he would have done...probably become the new MACO commander (he's an experienced soldier, after all).

10. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that's pretty much the way it would've happened. Or an Andorian exchange programme of some sort to Starfleet or the MACOs, with the Imperial Guard punishing Shran by making him participate.

11. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Maybe so. But I don't think he'd like taking orders from Lt. Reed who is Chief Security Officer and Tactical lead. The MACO people had to take their orders from him even if they didn't like it because he was Archer's superior officer. You might remember Section 31?? What if they decided to hire him?

12. Ensign Ellora Dannan

I found it!!!! Go to YouTube and look for the video called "Enterprise - Swing It!" You'll see the whole thing there!

13. JRTStarlight

JRTStarlight Captain Captain

Thanks. I mentioned I had already found it elsewhere, but your clip really swings!

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should have made him captain, he's more experienced at that too.

And more entertaining.

15. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

"Acquisition" when Trip is running around in his underwear--it's almost enough to forgive dragging the Ferengi into the show...almost.

Willow likes this.
  16. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

LOL

17. Ensign Ellora Dannan

So, what's wrong with Trip or Malcolm running around in underwear?? The guys have T'Pol for eye candy so why can't we girls have something to look at too? I even like seeing Archer without his shirt on!

18. LoyaulteMeLie

LoyaulteMeLie Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Trip and Malcolm both ran (well, walked) around in their underwear in 'Two Days, Two Nights', but the whole premise of that incident was so embarrassingly implausible that the benefits of the scenery were almost outweighed by the negative of having to watch how they got into that state.

Willow likes this.
  19. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't say there was anything wrong, quite the opposite (it's not just for the girls!). After having multiple well-endowed women in catsuits I was highly appreciative of buff guys in their skivvies!

DonIago likes this.
  20. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Thanks for sharing!! I think Enterprise had more sexy scenes than all the other series. What do you think?