Your dream Star Trek game

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by STEPhon IT, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Annorax849

Annorax849 Commander Red Shirt

Expanded version of Birth of the Federation. With more playable powers, certain minor races who can colonize, and campaigns in the Delta Quadrant, 23rd, and 22nd centuries.

2. Runabout

Runabout Cadet Newbie

A mix of elite force, xwing alliance style space combat and 3D role playing game where you can walk around enterprise d, ds9 and other famous places around the galaxy and interact with main characters of the show like Sisko, Picard, janeway and others.
    You start at star fleet academy and make your way through ranks to finally become captain or admiral.
    On this way you have different missions during the tng ds9 voy timeframe, also the ability to replay episodes from the series on the holodeck like battle of wolf 359, dominion war and other missions from voyager, tos and ent.
    It would not only be action driven but also rpg like in a tv episode, for example gain respect from your commanders, get a date with with someone on your ship, make diplomacy or solve technical problems together with your crew...

3. ironnerd

ironnerd Lieutenant Red Shirt

Played on a table top with dice and a bunch of friends.
    Beverages and snacks optional, but recommended.

4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

My dream Trek game would be an immersive and perfect virtual reality simulation, in which I could interact with anyone and anything, go wherever I wanted, etc.

In other words, a holodeck.

Kor

5. ironnerd

ironnerd Lieutenant Red Shirt

In my day, holodecks was called imagination! ;)

Destructor likes this.
  6. φ of π

φ of π Captain Captain

My dream Star Trek game would be something similar to Civilization, but where you play as the Borg.

7. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

Assimilization?

Schneider21 and φ of π like this.
  8. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Not certain, but I would want a Trek mod to No Man's Sky.

9. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

God, no.

10. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Something like Pulsar: Lost Colony.

11. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A game like STO that concentrates more on ground missions than space battles. Cuz Star Trek isn't about space battles.

12. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

I think I disagree with the phrasing, but not with the sentiment.

I really love STO, but I wish it felt more like the shows. By that I mean I wish it was more like you go to Planet X to investigate such-and-such, and then get caught by a giant green hand and have to work out puzzles or dialogue options on the surface to get out of it. And there's various ways of addressing each problem that leads to different outcomes and different reputations for your captain. In STO, it's more like, we have a mission for you, here's the mission, go do this thing, and then you do exactly that thing.

The space battles are really fun though, so I wouldn't want that to go away. And on console they look stunning.

Freman likes this.
  13. Racefuel

Racefuel Commodore Commodore

A mix of Bridge Commander, No Mans Sky and STO...

Bridge Commander for the ship models, combat, ship controls and bridge

14. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. I like the space battles too, but Star Trek the TV shows have never been about the space battles. They are secondary to the ST experience.

15. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I would try that combo out.

16. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, this!

Take us from the first discovery of FTL drives, which don't have to be warp drive btw I could easily see an earlier, slower FTL drive that is later abandoned when warp drive is developed. This could be what leap-frogs these upstart humans past the more established star-faring races. Show us both the roads that the various races did take as well as the roads they could have taken and then let the players decide which way to go. This was the missing element that really bothered me about BotF and made it feel too cookie-cutter and bland.

publiusr likes this.
  17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Non warp FTL interests me.

18. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know about the story, but EA has to make it. Have you seen the animation of the planet surfaces in Star Wars Battlefront?

19. BJ Wagner

BJ Wagner Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know it won't happen, but I'd really like to see a Trek game that centres on exploration and interacting with alien races to build alliances. I enjoy the space battles in STO, but wish there was more emphasis on discovering new worlds and new civilizations.

As for a more accessible game, the Dominion War would make most sense. Shooter for ground missions, starship combat simulator for space battles. Think Mass Effect meets STO.

LeadHead and Balok's Decoy like this.