Your annual vacation/holidays

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kilana2, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

Ooooh yes, I can imagine what a wonderful time you'll have if you don't gamble! I've heard so many amazing stories about Las Vegas from family and friends who've visited, and all have nothing to do with gambling lol. Oh and Celine is still performing there, right?

I was there in 2001 when my father won a work conference trip, and I've been just dying to go back! :)

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

If she is, we might have to miss it. I think we're busy that night....

:shifty:

auntiehill and Gary Mitchell like this.
  3. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

After my September trip to Edinburgh I found a bed bug in my bed. Coincidence? I think not, since my relative suffered the same fate! :rolleyes::mad:

4. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Attack of the Traveling Bed Bugs...

Nyotarules likes this.
  5. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

With kilts and bagpipes

Kilana2 and rahullak like this.
  6. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I might forgo DragonCon this coming year in lieu of going somewhere else.

teacake likes this.
  7. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Starting to think about our 2019 vacation. Wife is showing me chalets in the Netherlands, but I fancy a narrowboat in Scotland. No rush.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

For awhile I have been playing with the idea of going to Quebec City for the winter carnival but I decided against it, because:

1) I'm not a hundred percent in love with the idea of travelling at this time of year.

2) Quebec City is apparently not as English-friendly as Montréal.

3) Jean-Lesage Airport doesn't have US border preclearance, although I heard they're supposed to get it eventually.

And, God help me, that damn snowman would haunt my dreams, I'm sure of it. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  9. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

How can you not love Bonhomme? :confused:

[​IMG]

Pondwater likes this.
  10. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

He looks a little like the unholy offspring of Box from Logan's Run and the Pillsbury Doughboy. Hee Hee
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ :lol:

Don't worry, that whole "soul eating" thing is just an internet meme. There's barely any truth to it...

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  12. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Given the unpleasantness back home, you may have problems leaving the country if the UK crashes out of the EU.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Unfortunately my dad and I have had to put the kibosh on our trip to Cooperstown. :( But we are still looking forward to the exhibition games in Montréal, and our road trip to see some games in St. Louis and Kansas City.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Bump...

well our Montréal trip is just a week away - can't wait! I love the city and I can't wait to show my dad around it as well. We're both looking forward to seeing the exhibition baseball games* at Stade Olympique - which, fortunately, has an enclosed roof. And even though neither of us speak French worth a damn, I'm sure that won't be a problem. Never has been for me, anyway. :lol:

*unfortunately Vlad Guerrero Jr. - THE rising star in the Blue Jays' minor league system - is hurt and so we won't be able to see him play. :( But given how fast this guy's rising through the ranks I will probably see him by the time I get to Toronto (in May) anyway!

Butters, Kilana2, teacake and 2 others like this.
  15. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Enjoy it. I think Canada is great. But I wouldn't go there in winter. In some regions it is f****** cold (-30 C). And I hate when it is cold.
    I'm not sure If I'll do some travelling this year. Just found a new job and have to settle in.

Butters and Avro Arrow like this.
  16. Mr. Laser Beam

It has been FAR too long since I've had poutine. I need my fix, dammit! :scream:

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  17. Mr. Laser Beam

In all my years of air travel, I have never seen the in-flight safety lecture acted out via pantomime.

Until now.

By a flight attendant who acts like the unholy offspring of Zooey Deschanel and Parker Posey. On crank.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  18. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Add 100 cups of coffee to that person, and you’ve got the general idea of what it was like.

teacake and Kilana2 like this.
  20. Mr. Laser Beam

I miss Montréal already... :sigh: It's a wonderful and diverse city, the people are very friendly, and even though my dad and I froze our tails off when we were there, we still had a great time. I HIGHLY recommend Montréal for anyone who wants to get a taste of French Canadian culture.

Yeah, I admit that the main reason we went on this trip was to see baseball games :D but we found a lot of other things to see and do there as well. And don't let the language issue deter you - everyone we ever actually talked to in Montréal spoke English just fine. The province of Quebec may have a major bee in its bonnet (or, as I like to call it, a scorpion up its ass) about how the French language is supposedly so threatened that it needs the extremely draconian Bill 101 to protect it, but most Montréalers are not like that. If you don't speak French, don't worry, you will still have a great time in Montréal, and you will be welcomed with open arms. Because we were! :beer:

Unfortunately, I did not get the fix of poutine that I so desperately needed...but there will be another day. :shifty:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Avro Arrow, Gryffindorian and Kilana2 like this.