News xHamster makes offer for a third season of "Sense8".

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", Aug 19, 2017.

1. Handsomeyoungensign

Handsomeyoungensign Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Never said they were.. Only that their works are quoted by us more than even Mr President and the moment Goodbye Felicia was corrected.. I stopped paying attn... pretty sure this DEE Bate ended at Shelby.. Deserved an Oscar or BET award.. Aint nobody got time fer dat sirs

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

*double checks thread title*

Soooo...any news about Sense8? :p

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Don't think so, but like many threads on this forum we have moved onto other topics other than the original one.

5. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'll take your word for that.

6. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Not really... Fan efforts for a full third season continue and in a FB Live session, Lana (for some reason speaking of herself in the third person) said that she's writing a full season and many fans don't think she's joking (even though it would be pretty silly to write an entire season on spec). It seemed like the script for the two-hour finale was set to be handed in about the middle of this month. And it's beginning to look like it's become the Lana show without JMS or Lilly.

7. The Nth Doctor

Why do you think JMS or Lilly are no longer involved? Because we're only hearing from Lana?

8. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Somewhat. We haven't heard of Lilly becoming active since she took time off for her transition. JMS is just a feeling but it seemed there was (at best) a communication breakdown when he said at SDCC that there hadn't been any negotiations or contracts sent out but the cast and some of the Italian crew indicated differently. It was clear that he wasn't involved much after the writing of season two, also. Can't ask about it since he's quit answering questions about Sense8 after some pretty egregious fan abuse when he was the only one talking to fans after the cancellation.

9. The Nth Doctor

Thanks for the input.

Damn fans. JMS has a great history of being open with his fans so it's disappointing that he faced such fan abuse now. :(

10. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

It was kind of stunning to watch, really - especially given the whole concept behind Sense8. Despite his having been straight with fans for decades, the fact that he cautioned them about the usual realities of the business got him attacked for being negative. I got caught up in it some, too, getting banned from the big Sense8 page on FB for being a 'negative nancy' when I reposted what he'd said on Twitter. Rather bemusing.

All I know is that my interest in the finale is much reduced if he's not involved in the writing. Given the reports of Lana's constant re-writing, I wasn't surprised at some of the disjointedness of season 2.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

More and more these days I find I'm reminded of this quote from Terry Pratchett's 'Jingo': -
    "You told me I ought to listen to the voice of the people. Odd thing, ain't it... you meet people one at a time, they seem decent, they got brains that work, and then they get together and you hear the voice of the people. And it snarls.'"