X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I think we can all agree that my opinion is more correct than anyone else's! :p

2. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked X-men and X2. I was disappointed in X3 but I'll watch it as part of the series. I just watched Wolverine for the first time last month and it was ok. Just saw First Class last weekend and it was great, back up to X2 levels of quality.

What I don't understand is why people who dislike a particular movie repeatedly post in threads about that movie, continually arguing with anyone who liked it. What, are you trying to convince people who enjoyed the film that they're wrong? When there is a thread about a movie I didn't like I simply avoid that thread. Maybe I'm strange though.

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

BBS-ing : ur doin it wrong :p

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

NO!

Now, I want to start a Superman Returns thread.

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, the Superman Returns Grading/Review thread....now that was a thread! Semi-Legendary imo.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't say one word about Wolverine, not having seen it.

8. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen Wolverine. I really have. I just seemed to have blocked it from my memory. I can't remember one dang thing about it.

The thing that bugged me about The Last Stand was the mistreatment of the Dark Phoenix storyline. Could have been better, simply put. It seems the more they stray from the source, the worse things get.

Instead of complaining about TLS, I'm looking forward to the streaming cartoon coming to Netflix. :)

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm giving the movie a B+ on my makeshift movie critic scale. Most of it was really cool, but some of the dialogue was absolutely cringeworthy.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some of the dialogue was cringe worthy because it was 60's dialogue :)

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Streaming cartoon coming to Netflix?

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

90's XMen animated series?

13. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

The only part of that storyline that truly annoyed me was when she killed Professor X, the Phoenix was never able to do that because Jean Grey would never let her.

All right, I'm seeing it tomorrow, officially . . . finally. So is there a scene after the credits?

14. KB24

Yes supposedly in July I think. Because my husband casually mentioned it and I was like THE cartoon right? Not Evolution. I don't like Evolution, mostly I think I didn't like the animation, but love love the 90s one. Amazing that folks always just 'the 90s one'. Although they've been saying a lot of things are coming that haven't appeared yet. You guys didn't know about this or you meant to confirm which cartoon?

I liked the dialogue among the adults in First Class. Some of the kids stuff was 60s words but spoken with modern speaketh. Zoe's 'daddio' just fell so flat.

My husband has the streaming plan so I can't see things like that in mine, but here's the link to the series

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/X-Men/70172490?trkid=2361637#height1020

(Hate the new interface there by the way!)

And I found an article with some gist

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles/Marvel_Animation_Bombards_Netflix_Streaming

Honey, no scene after the credits, just cool Bondian styled texted. I'm tempted to go for my third viewing tomorrow, too. A treat after we one our hockey game last night. I can justify it, really I can!

15. HoneyBLilly

Darn. :) I was hoping there was, thanks.

My husband is in trouble so he's taking me on a date tomorrow, after that I'll probably see it a few more times and my justification will be . . . I went to the midnight showing for X2 dressed up as Jean Grey.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If someone stabs you in the face you remember. X-Men Last Stand was like being stabbed in Face, and Wolverine origins was like being stabbed in the balls.

Charles Bronson, I fucked him.

17. KB24

Man, I said 'one' instead of 'won'. That tells you how much my brain was on First Class.

Maybe it was Wolverine who stabbed Sean Bean?

My husband is still refusing to go. I even sent him a clip of the cameo on youtube thinking he would be bemusing into Fassy effing himself, but no.

18. HoneyBLilly

My husband has seen it twice, the first time was behind my back and the second time I was too sick to care. :lol:

This is merely payback :)

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Grounds for divorce surely.

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the Last Stand is underrated. With the cure plot, it really throws a monkeywrench into the whole mutant/human relationship, and it forces mutants to really take sides. I like how Kelsey Grammer is trying to hold his own as the one caught in the middle. I like the Pheonix story line too, because taking the story as the comics did it would be ridiculous, as she manipulates stars and solar systems, whatever. Here she's damn powerful enough, and I like how Magneto uses her as a chess piece. It's not a perfect movie, it goes abruptly from one plot point to the next, and these plot points are often already developed just before we cut to them, and we don't get to see them develop. But I'm not the only one who likes it. I would have like to see, for example, how Leech was discovered. Still, it is not terrible, and far better than the new film, a film which seems to say [Plinkett]"we think the audience is stupid"[/Plinkett]