Would you rather live in Bedford Falls or Pottersville?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Kahlesh, Jan 7, 2021.

?

Would you rather live in Bedford Falls or Pottersville?

1. Bedford Falls

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. Pottersville

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Kahlesh

Kahlesh Captain Captain

So I recently rewatched Wonderful Life and it occurs to me that I'd actually rather live in Pottersville, it looks like a much more enjoyable place. Bedford falls looks mega dull, the sort of place you'd want to live when you're 80.

Vote please.

2. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

The problem with Pottersville was mainly that Potter had a monopoly on housing, and therefore could demand high rent for shabby appartments and houses. There might also have been a bigger problem with racism in Pottersville. Potter not only looking down on the poor and the working class when he talks about the "riff raff", he also talks about "garlic eaters", which was a slur against Italians, represented in the movie through Mr. Martini. While Martini not only gets to own a house in Bedford Falls, but run his own bar, he is nowhere to be found in Pottersville.

So, while Pottersville may have had more night clubs, Bedford Falls was a place of more social and economic equality.

cardinal biggles, Kahlesh and DonIago like this.
  3. dupersuper

dupersuper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Every quite town has a seedy underbelly if that's your thing. Better to live in one that'll let you afford a roof over your head.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Pottersville had out of control crime, extremely high rent & mortgages with no competition, and a very unfriendly population. I'll take Bedford Falls any day.

XCV330 likes this.
  5. Finn

Finn Admiral Premium Member

I"d take Bedford Falls too

6. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles Patron Saint of Dangerous Driving Premium Member

Bedford Falls for me, too.

7. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Bedford Falls has a swimming pool under a power-retractable dance floor. In a school! And you can get a home loan there based on the opinion of a drunkard with a raven. Need a little something extra from the Pharmacy? The old man there will make sure you get your vicodin on the DL thanks to his underaged runners, and most of the time it won't be strychnine!

Bedford Falls for me.

now time for the Shatner to introduce the REAL Bedford Falls

8. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

We’re already living in Pottersville..

auntiehill, Gary Mitchell and Kahlesh like this.
  9. Oddish

Oddish Commodore Fleet Captain

Watching "It's a Wonderful Life" is like watching a gore-free version of "The Passion". You know that George Bailey is suffering the way he does to serve a far greater good... but it's still not fun to watch.

But I'll take Bedford Falls as well. Potter-VILE strikes me as a place that would benefit from a bulldozer and a few molotov cocktails.