World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Showdown, Nov 9, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stupid garrisons with their stupid followers. Stupid because,

1. I don't want to be a commander, this always bugged me in GWII as it's the farthest thing from my characters personalities you could get. When my deranged orc DK the Insane ends up being a commander you know Azeroth is in trouble. This is why I didn't get into STO, I didn't want my own ship and I didn't want to be in Starfleet. STOP CONSCRIPTING ME GAMES!

2. My computer with WoW on it is having a (monitor) problem and I can't send my followers to their deaths before I start my day and I'm thinking damn you WoW you sucked me in because I really want to do so before I leave the house.

2. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Lets see, by this point in the story, if you'd been questing and perhaps raiding, your character has defeated a lot of dragons, some demons, and a lot of other things. You were part of the mission to Outlands, though possibly just as a wanderer looking to adventure. But then the call came out, "We are going to get the Lich King" so we are sent by the govenments to deal with the problems and assist the Armies and later Crusade against Arthus. Around this time we are considered a hero of Azeroth.

As a hero of Azeroth we are tasked to find and solve issues resulting from Deathwing's return. We are generally addressed as someone of note by allied forces.

Following this we are personally assigned to the mission to Pandaria and are at the forefront of nearly all adventures, being the most reliable member. We again are recognized by allied forces as someone important.

Now after being selected for a suicide mission to save Azeroth, you are again recognized as one of the most prominate heroes of Azeroth and due to other commitments, are given the task of being the commanding officer of the troops (while the other big name heroes do their things). You are in charge now after supposedly showing that you are capable as a hero and leader over the trails of the last several years.

3. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully when my balance is updated I will upgrade to WoD and get my new 90 which I am not sure what I want to boost???

4. teacake

But I've played all along that I'm there to exploit the chaos. No one called me "commander" before this. It was painful enough in GWII to be cast as the SINGLE SAVIOR of the world over and over, but in WoW I take a more personal offense.

However I've come up with RP strategies for both my mains to make some sense of it. The Goblin is obviously making money off her unexpected thrust into a command position of the Horde. Those orcs are so stupid, they actually do what she says! The DK orc is building her garrison so she can slaughter the establishment and take up with Garrosh who she went over to about the time of the Cataclysm when Thrall turned into a big feelgood wussy. But if that doesn't work out she will continue her descent from Chaos Neutral into Chaos Evil which has happened over the last two expansions.

5. teacake

I restrained myself from boosting an 85 :lol: because what a waste. But I am not good with alts, though I have plenty in the 50's I had to honestly say I would probably never play them. I boosted my hunter who used to be a dwarf and was 70 something. I missed her a lot and I figured if I orc'd her and boosted her she would be third on my Draenor list. She was my second ever character years ago.

6. Taylirious

Since I have a 90 Horde, I want to boost an Alliance to 90. I have a Worgen hunter at 40 but I might just create a new one. It will be a hunter. I am horrible cause I have leveled all classes to about 40-60 before and just delete them. LOL.

7. teacake

Why would you create a hunter to boost if you already have a hunter? Oh for a different race?

You get proffs boosted to 600 but I think you have to be 60 and I'm going to assume the proff has to be a certain level. I was totally shocked that my languishing hunter got her eng boosted.

8. Taylirious

I don't want to play the Worgen he is just kinda there. I'd rather roll a NE or Dwarf.

ETA: I am getting irritated. I know it says it could take 1-3 days for my balance to be approved but previously it was instant. :(

9. teacake

Your balance of spec?

I played a worgen through the starting zone and then I abandoned him. I am very fond of dwarfs and I would recommend a dwarf hunter. There is a lot of drinking and warm fires. It is better than Nelfs who spend too much time rubbing against trees.

10. Taylirious

I mean my Battle.net balance/money.

I want to roll a ginger female Dwarf to go with my ginger female Blood Elf. LOL.

I said too much.

11. teacake

Let me guess, they have a special tree fort and ..

I loved my girl dwarf sooo much but I had to orc'ify her because I just never go to Alliance any more. And now I've kind of rewritten her from dorky geek dwarf girl (engineering.. gun.. rat..) to hot sexy orc in bikini armor. And that's okay. She evolved. And she still has the single hunter pet, the first boar she plucked off the side of Ironforge.

12. Taylirious

Is engineering the only way you get the goggles/glasses?

13. teacake

There are all kinds of ways to get them. My goblin has a pair that you get in an early quest but I think it may be goblin only. She mogs them all the time, they are pink. There are some really nifty goggles with engineering though, and you only need lvl 100 in eng I think. Have a look at the AH. Also if you research it you might find more that are quest rewards you can mog like I did (goblin does no proffs, just gathers).

14. Taylirious

I always do mining and skinning. I tried to do jewel crafting once and ugh.

15. teacake

I burned myself out on proffs in.. Wrath. Well I did JC in Wrath against my better judgement having burned out in BC on a bunch of them. Now I am never doing them again as a part of my plan to never do stuff in games I don't like. I hate them. I would rather make tons of gold and buy things.

16. Taylirious

It sucks you get mounts from crafting and not gathering, heck you get a mount from archaeology! One should be able to mine a node and get a mount or skin a beast and get a mount. In WoD leather working gets one! :(

17. teacake

You can get a pet from mining though.

I'd rather grind gold and buy these mounts. I don't know about the arch one (I have the fossil mount) but you can buy the JC ones. It's cheaper in the long run to grind the gold.

Gathering costs you nothing, of course they are not going to give you a mount haha.

18. Taylirious

They should. :p

I am lazy when it comes to collecting mounts. I don't do dailies, don't get up enough gold to get the mounts I really want. :shrug:

19. teacake

Which ones do you want? I like the BC rep ones for the most part. I don't collect mounts but have 120 of them just from playing for so long and doing rep grinds.

I want the bug mount, as soon as my goblin is 100 (got like two bars to go) she is devoting herself to Arch for it.

20. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

There are goggle made by Engineers that can be sold to anyone. They usually are for other stuff, but they world. Might be usable for tranmog so it at least looks like you have goggles on all the time.

I've not updated my look since the start of WoD, but once I'm settled a bit in gear I'm going to transmog that stuff back to what I was using in MoP, which was mostly low level questing gear (a witches hat, a red shash belt, some dress pants and gloves, and my old Golden Bloodrobe from an old warlock quest that's been removed from the game) Don't know what I'll do when I finally replace my legendary cloak with a new epic. Might transmog it to look like the legendary, or back to some red cape I got leveling in a 40 zone.