Spoilers Wonder Woman - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, May 31, 2017.

?

Give it a grade.

1. A+

21.0%
  2. A

32.4%
  3. A-

14.2%
  4. B+

13.6%
  5. B

9.7%
  6. B-

2.3%
  7. C+

2.8%
  8. C

0.6%
  9. C-

1.1%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1.1%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1.1%
  1. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice to know for sure now.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Wonder Woman is now out on DVD and Bluray!

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

How Wonder Woman should have ended:

Now I want to watch Wonder Woman: The Musical.

5. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

"I'm in this war too!" :rommie:

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

7. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

"Soooo this just came out . I’ve just got mine, did you get yours? #WonderWoman #YouGoGal"

Dream and Nerys Myk like this.
  8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Got mine the otherday (as well as a the special BD release of "Firefly.") Watched it already, really is impressive how good the movie is and how much Gal Gadot delivers Wonder Woman. I could watch the "No Man's Land" sequence through the point where her and Steve go to bed together over and over. That whole sequence brings Wonder Woman to light and makes her everything. (Touched on again the following day when she charms the Scottish soldier a bit with, "Awww. Who will sing for us, then?")

A great hit for DC (finally) and really shows how their more serious tone/take on the comic book movie thing can work. This movie could almost work as just a war movie were it not for the comic book aspects of it.

I do think the final battle (and visual depiction of) with Ares is sort of "cliched" for the genre and, I dunno, the stuff with the general guy and the smelling-salts of super-powers (and some of the scenes with him and Dr. Poison) feels like part of a different movie but, at the end of the day, Wonder Woman is really good. About time, DC.

[​IMG]

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

You look like Henry Cavill in that photo.

M.A.C.O. likes this.
  10. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

In reality, I'm really Superman. But don't tell anyone. ;)

Captaindemotion likes this.
  11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have my copy, but I'm wondering if WB will eventually release a "phase one" box set (possibly after Justice League) with the extras usually left off a first release--like the MCU sets?

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It‘s the stache. :shifty:

Captaindemotion likes this.
  13. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Finally saw it tonight. It was okay. I mean, I enjoyed a lot of it but was a bit underwhelmed overall. Easily the best of a bad bunch...gettin' better DC. ;)

Edit: I do want to give the movie kudos for getting Diana right though. It's quite frustrating watching the extra features and hearing Snyder talk about her, apparently getting what makes her who she is in all the ways that he misunderstands what makes Clark who he is. Also, like practically everyone has said, Gal makes a great Diana. I was never against her casting, but wasn't sure about her acting in BvS. Given her own room to move in a solo outing, I definitely like her.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  14. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Plan on buying the Blu-Ray tonight after work. It's the first DCEU movie I felt worth buying and the first genuinely good one.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Fans Petition to ‘Make Wonder Woman Bisexual’ in Movie Sequel
    Realistically, this has zero chance of happening. I guess people got to try.

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Bi-erasure is a pretty fucking ugly thing, but Hollywood loves it. Deadpool and Wonder Woman are openly bi in the comics, but heteronormatised in the movies. Basically straightwashing anything is the default option.

17. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

She's from an island full of women.
    If some people still think she's straight I don't think a full page add in the New York Times would help with that...

18. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

They've each had one movie so far, with one love interest apiece. I don't disagree with your larger point, but it seems a tad early to declare these movie characters unambiguously straight.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Not sure what movie everyone else saw, but I thought it was made fairly clear that she was either bisexual, or pansexual. Or did I misinterpret the subtext of that whole "men are unnecessary for pleasure" scene?

That aside, it was pretty heavily implied that Antiope had a female partner, so at the very least the precedent is reasonably well established. Not that it really needs to be, I mean the simple arithmetic of an island full of immortal women plus no contact with men for several millennia should get you there.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  20. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Deadpool had a subtle nod to his omnisexual nature referencing the stuffed pony he has (apparently in the comics it is a thing). Wonder Woman lived on an island of nothing but women. Her world was nothing but women. The idea she never once had a relationship with someone by her age is a stretch. Although even then it was implied she had sexual relationships with women as pointed out above.

Jumping on this after a single movie from each is definitely making some presumptions before anything has been definitively said though with both movies there was a lot more implied than heterosexual if you actually looked for it.