News Wiseman: Tilly In Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by AutoAdmin, Oct 8, 2019.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Yesterday, PaleyFest NY took place and TrekMovie was able to conduct an interview with Mary Wiseman, who spoke about what to expect...

Continue reading...

antinoos and NewHeavensNewEarth like this.
  2. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    More of Tilly is always a good thing.
    :techman:

SJGardner, antinoos and Kzinti like this.
  3. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

"Neither of them has brought [moving to separate quarters] up, because nobody wants to start the conversation about getting their own rooms" - that is just the most cutesy-awkward Tilly/Burnham friendship thing I could've thought of, I absolutely loved that part.

I'm glad they'll be addressing how Tilly has to find a new calling in her life now that her only chance of ever getting a command is if she somehow manages to outlive all higher ranking officers on the ship. I was afraid it'll be glossed over and she'll only be taken out of storage whenever there's something spore drive-related to do.

Bad Thoughts and Charles Phipps like this.
  4. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I honestly think for the next season they need to mix it up a bit more regarding Tilly's interactions with the rest of the crew. In the first season she was basically Michael's sidekick, and in the second season she was more or less Stamets's assistant. A different dynamic would be nice. Maybe she spends more time around Saru this season? Georgiou? Reno?

Charles Phipps likes this.
  5. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

I think there will be a different dynamic in Season 3
    It would be fun if the crew was split into camps, different cliques if you like, outwith the staid bureaucracy of the Federation.
    A crew who play by the rules and a crew who are willing to do anything that's required.
    Something that Voyager should have pursued.

Charles Phipps likes this.
  6. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I adore Tilly, so more of her is wonderful news for me.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  7. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tilly finally started to become tolerable toward the end of S2.

I'm amazed at how many people find "doesn't know when to shut the fuck up" to be cute and endearing.

It's not.

Beckerjr likes this.
  8. Beckerjr

Beckerjr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm with you on that. She could be so more but was to many times just used as the awkward comedy element. I rolled my eyes how her character was trying to get into command.

Hopefully just like season 3 feels like reset for the show overall the writers will re asses how Tilly is portrayed and make her more of a fully fleshed out character.

9. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was an entire episode in the back half of Season 2 that Tilly didn't even appear in.

Heck, she basically had nothing whatsoever to really do in the season after her whole "May mini-arc" - until Po showed up in the penultimate episode.