Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Just read any news story involving the White House in the past week.

Idran, Markonian and N-121973 like this.
  2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Beat me to it.

3. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can we refrain from posting anything in this thread until any actual related news come by? Just asking.

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

--and stop dashing peoples hoped after getting them up? How else does sci-fi work?

ATimson and Turtletrekker like this.
  5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Bump.

Any news (other than the new Doctor has different 'bits') ?

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

If there had been your bump would have been unnecessary. It would already have been posted in this thread and we'd all be pissing ourselves with excitement.

7. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Absolutely nothing has been heard in months, not even rumors. And with BBC Store going belly-up and Morris refusing to declare the search over and publish his results, the DW fandom's pretty much resigned to no more episode recoveries/animations for the foreseeable future... barring any more out-of-nowhere surprises.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, animations are still a possibility, no? Or was Power of the Daleks not profitable enough?

9. The Nth Doctor

Well, I keep thinking the animations are done and the another shows up. Power of the Daleks seemingly came out of nowhere.

10. Nightowl1701

Power only happened because it was the 50th Anniversary of Troughton's first episode and BBC America was willing to bankroll the thing at short notice. And as I said, with BBC Store now out of business, no telling if the new Britbox will be willing - or financially able - to pick up where Power left off.

11. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Ian Levine has ragequit Doctor Who because of Jodie Whittaker's casting, so if he's sitting on missing episodes as part of his private stash, we'll probably never see them now. Thanks, Chibnall. ;)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    TheAlmanac and Turtletrekker like this.
  12. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He'll probably start paying Doctor Who actors to stand in front of his green screen again to make more fan films for himself. He could easily rope in Davison and McCoy who aren't happy with the casting either.

13. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought McCoy WAS good with the casting (not sure how Davison feels).

14. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, I think Sylvester McCoy is quite happy with it, considering this tweet.

Davison, on the other hand, perhaps not. His one tweet on the matter is ambiguous. I also watched an interview today from a few years back where he said he didn't like the idea.

15. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I got the impression from the Davison tweet that he was discouraging fans from being nasty to those who were struggling with the casting of a female to play the Doctor. There will always be those who struggle with some physical aspect of the new actor, but this first time it's going to be a bit more of a challenge for some. I think he was just asking people to be charitable in encouraging those struggling rather than only chastise them for being sexist.

Then again, much like Mr. Davison, I am ultimate privilege: white, male, straight, and Christian (is he?). As such, neither of us may know what the hell we're talking about.

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Oh.

Probably best to let this thread snooze for a bit then...

17. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC BBC America came on board at a later stage in the Power project and essentially just paid for the colourised version.

BBC Store obviously use it as something of a loss-leader to drive traffic, but it couldn't keep that fundamentally misguided endeavour afloat on its own. There was a rumour about Britbox hosting a Wheel in Space recon, but no one was sure if it was the fan reconstruction or a new animation.

So it's shrugs all round.

On the missing episode front, I'm pretty sure Morris has absolutely nothing more. We'll see, but no news is, well, no news.

18. Nightowl1701

Then why doesn't he say so? If there's truly nothing left out there, there's no shame in admitting he came up empty-handed. At least he tried...

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Ugh, I made the mistake of tracking down Levine's comments to find out what he actually said about the casting. It was worse than I imagined.

20. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I just think he's a bit of an arsehole basically.

Though apparently he refused to hand over anything else until Moffat was gone, such was Phil's hatred of his brand of Who.

Perhaps now he'll open the floodgates and we'll all be watching Marco Polo by Christmas? Or perhaps he's one of the Whittaker-haters and he's destroyed everything he found in a fit of pique?

Or he struck gold with Enemy and Web in Nigeria, for which we are all eternally grateful, and he's got nothing else. I long since gave up following the omnirumour fiasco. If and when future recoveries are revealed, I'll be over the moon. If not, I came to terms with the piecemeal preservation of sixties Who long ago. :)

Nightowl1701 and The Nth Doctor like this.