WIP NX - 5150-A

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by erifah, Jan 19, 2008.

1. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

OK, a couple of updates. I was monkeying around (Yes, of COURSE I was flinging poo!) with the ship for a possible logo. Because it strips out much of the detail, it leaves just a nice shape to look at, so I've decided to post it.
    [​IMG]

2. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Here's what she looks like as of 10/5/09. Don't tell me "oh, it's too small" - I hear that enough!

[​IMG]

3. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

And now for some orthos. I know you guys love orthos, so I threw together an orthographic view.

Damn, those things are hard to do.

It's also very frustrating to, say, finally perfect the ultimate side view (a view so magnificent and graceful, that even Andy Probert throws up his hands and says, "wow, I can't top that. I think I'll become a phlebotomist now."), only to discover when constructing another angle that the "perfect shape" is also physically impossible.

[insert bad words HERE]

So, I'm still exploring the design, but at least this will give you kind of what I have in mind. It is only to "rough out" of where things should be, generally. My apologies for leaving in the construction lines, but it IS a WIP, after all...

[​IMG]

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very cool stuff :) :techman:

and i think hmmm maybe this is a good candidate for a Abrams Enterprise D :)

5. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Thanks!

Now, if anyone looks at the 3 views and says, "oh, I get it now! I see what he's trying to do! I like it," and they want to run with it, maybe go 3-D, you'll get no objections from me! I'm no where near where I need to be on the Lightwave learning curve to tackle this wee beastie.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009