Spoilers Will we see an Enterprise in Season 3?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Unimatrix Q, Apr 20, 2019.

?

Do you think we see a new Enterprise?

1. Sure as hell

11.3%
  2. Not sure

50.0%
  3. No way

38.7%
  1. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

This is why the more I think about it, the more I'm in favour of a Pike spinoff series. Let Discovery explore genuinely unknown territory while the Pike series serves as the TOS prequel.

Ar-Pharazon, Laurora and SolarisOne like this.
  2. Laurora

Laurora Ensign Red Shirt

I wonder if Discovery will get a friendly welcome from the Federation? I don't see the point in showing another Enterprise. I wonder lots of things about the future of Discovery but don't think much of another Enterprise. Discovery is pretty beat up at this point and they will need repairs. I doubt very much they interact with the Federation. I really want something completely different..

Jellico likes this.
  3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

By the 33rd century, the newest N’tur’pryz will be the size of a planet and the nacelles will be the size of the Moon. I say bring it on. I hope it’s the first ship Discovery meets in S3E1.

saddestmoon likes this.
  4. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

Calling it right now, the Enterprise, or whatever ship fulfills the same role in the 32nd century, will be hundreds of years old, falling apart at the seams, and is considered irreplaceable because nobody fully understands the technology used to build it any more.

F. King Daniel and SJGardner like this.
  5. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would be cool, but, I want Discovery to carve its own path before it falls back on something familiar like the Enterprise.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they meet a future Enterprise, the captain must be a descendant of Kirk or Picard:lol:

Gonzo and SJGardner like this.
  7. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Even better, let them be a descendant of all series lead captains. A millennium is a really long time :lol:

Gonzo and F. King Daniel like this.
  8. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

They could probably get a lot of value out of the dissonance between the legendary name Enterprise and whatever the future Enterprise is like, but then again, I'm a sucker for 'used future lost technology' settings.

Amasov and SJGardner like this.
  9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'll be like the ÜberEnterprise from that SNW story "Our Million-Year Mission".

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    F. King Daniel likes this.
  10. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

I can imagine an episode where the future Enterprise tries to scan the Discovery, but their 1000 years more advanced sensors are giving off such a huge energy output that it shorts out all of the Discovery's systems, sending the ship plummeting towards the nearest planet.

... no, I haven't been watching Babylon 5 recently, why do you ask?

11. ShranMan

ShranMan Ensign Red Shirt

I doubt there will be a S3. If they somehow get their license renewed, I would hope they'd get some real sci-fi writers and focus on character and story.

12. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. Harpsichord

Harpsichord Commander Red Shirt

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

another lost sheep that was lead astray by the alex jones of trek midnight edge how sad...

15. Disco!Disco!

Disco!Disco! Commander Red Shirt

Midnight's Edge-like typing detected.

16. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

What license? CBS owns it. No internet reckless speculation will change that.

Kzinti, NewHeavensNewEarth and XCV330 like this.
  17. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Oh lovely, another hit and run.

XCV330 likes this.
  18. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do I want to see "an" Enterprise? No. I want writers to focus on something else for a change.
    Will writers jump at an opportunity to display ships named Enterprise (from F to ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha) in some Federation archive they recover from long dead planet? Oh absolutely I think they will :( :( And we'll be here discussing them all. That's what we do :(

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  19. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I don't think so, no. For one I doubt they will want to go to the trouble of building yet another bridge set. The Disco bridge has been modular enough to be used for the Disovery, Shenzou and Sec.31 bridges, but I can't see them tearing down the 1701 bridge. No one is going to convince me they build all that for a two parter.

Anyway, no, i think Discovery has had it's Enterprise moments for now, and maybe always. I think of season 2 as kind of a time for Discovery to relaunch with corrections from the previous season, and it worked. You separate from the booster after reaching orbit.

20. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Have I got some stunning news for you!

saddestmoon, DaveyNY and XCV330 like this.