Why Haven't Borg Been Featured In Any New Novels?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Dayton3, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Work anecdote. Two years ago, my boss came into my office, sat down, and wanted to know if I was posting to The Beat and Bleeding Cool (two comic book news sites, one more journalistic, the other more muckraking) under a pseudonym.

I sighed. "Do you have any idea how much work that would be? I'd have to maintain a whole separate persona, I'd have to remember separate login credentials, I'd have to write unlike myself. I already don't comment under my own name because I'm lazy and don't care to engage in the conversation. I can't imagine making more work for myself like that." :)

To be clear, he wasn't accusing me of anything. He just assumed that I had a pseudonym I could use to say things that I couldn't say as myself, but I wasn't even interested in saying the things I could say.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Corran Horn, Damian, Leto_II and 2 others like this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure if it would really count, but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually got some kind of novel dealing with Hugh and the Artifact at some point.

Allyn Gibson likes this.
  3. MorbidGorn

MorbidGorn Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Anybody have any idea if Mack, Ward or anyone else is working on some kind of “fix” or consolidation so that Destiny could somehow “fit” with what we’ve seen on Picard? That would be damned sweet....

dupersuper and Nx-007 like this.
  4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

We only know that there is a "plan" to keep the Litverse continuity going in some manner, with a novel centered around Data and Lal apparently in the works.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't thing you could really make it fit, I think things have already diverged pretty far by the time we get to Destiny.

6. Airmandan

Airmandan Captain Captain

True, but given that we have known authors that are part of the writing teams for the shows there's nothing that says ideas from the books cant be incorperated into the shows. We already saw that on Discovery with Section 31 and Control. They could very easily incorporate parts of the Destiny series into Picard. Hell, that would be an entire season right there. And depending on how you write it, could be a perfect way to send off Patrick Stewart.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sure, you could incorporate stuff from the books, but even if they do it, what we get in the shows still won't be consistent with what we got in the books. Just look at Marvel's Civil War movie, or DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths Arrowverse crossover for examples of how this kind of thing tends to work out.